Hello from Dave

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdsnestbrewery

Reaction score
Hi all, Dave here.
I restarted brewing a few years ago, after a hiatus of about 20 years! I dug my old kit out of the loft from among the birds nests (hence my username).
All those years ago I was an extract only brewer but one of the items in the loft was a cool box that I swiftly converted into a mash tun, so only all-grain for me now.
Over the last few years I have been upgrading and improving my equipment piecemeal, and currently I have an HLT, the aforementioned MT, a stainless steel boiler (those three in a gravity-based arrangement), a grainfather conical fermenter, a counterflow chiller, and a beer line cooler used to control fermentation temp.
I bottle my brews although I have been trying out a 5l mini keg.
Beer-wise I like British ale, IPA of both modern and traditional styles, hefeweizen, golden ale, loads really. My latest brews were a Landlord clone, a copy of Jersey-based Stinky Bay IPA, my own recipe Raspberry Witbier, and currently conditioning is a Mosaic SMASH.
This forum is a great resource and I hope I can contribute.
Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back