Hello from Donegal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWasStocious

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been lurking for the past couple of months now and soaking up as much information as I can.

My lovely wife bought me a pre-hopped starter kit for Christmas and I've been fascinated with the brewing process since.

Just bottled my fourth kit last night (Festival Razorback IPA), and my next planned brew is an AG recipe/kit from GEB which I'll be brewing on my newly purchased Brew Monk 30l.

The jump from kit to AG seemed out of my comfort zone until I'd spent time reading here and on YouTube. I did consider going to extract brewing, then BIAB, but in the end, it seemed everyone eventually was going to full AG brews eventually, so I decided to try to save some time and expense by going straight to an AIO system.

Looking forward to getting into AG brewing, whilst hoping the quickly mounting spending on kit will taper off. 😎

Hello and welcome, you will enjoy doing ag just take your time and all will be fine, as for the spending tapering off yeah right, it wont be long before fridges, gas, corny kegs that breed quicker than rabbits, all these things will torment you, enjoy making the brew the difference is amazing not that there is anything wrong with kits acheers.

Hello and welcome. I took the same AIO leap after a few stove top AG brews. The quality of AG beer that you can make yourself was what swung it for me.
Just be careful, there’s a couple of bad boys out your neck of the woods. Next thing you know you’ll be swapping beer with them in garage forecourt’s in the local vicinity!

Thanks for the warm welcome all. acheers.

What part of Donegal, I know a few strange boy's down that way. @Donegal john is one of them 😉

Depends what part of Donegal a man resides in some sheep worriers the further down the county you go 🫣
Welcome to the forum and the world of all grain.
What part do you call home ?

I noticed you posting here @Donegal john and wondered whereabouts you were. I'm in the north west of the county near Dunfanaghy.

Hello and welcome. I took the same AIO leap after a few stove top AG brews. The quality of AG beer that you can make yourself was what swung it for me.
Just be careful, there’s a couple of bad boys out your neck of the woods. Next thing you know you’ll be swapping beer with them in garage forecourt’s in the local vicinity!

I know of another home brewer in the area, though I haven't met him yet. Not sure if he's on here. I think @Donegal john is a bit of a distance from me if the location on the members map is accurate.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. acheers.

I noticed you posting here @Donegal john and wondered whereabouts you were. I'm in the north west of the county near Dunfanaghy.

I know of another home brewer in the area, though I haven't met him yet. Not sure if he's on here. I think @Donegal john is a bit of a distance from me if the location on the members map is accurate.
I’m in Carndonagh
@samale lives most of the year in a caravan in portsalon then a halting site in Derry for the rest of it.

All joking aside, welcome. I will be doing a bit of cycling around your part of the world in the next few months 💪
Thanks @samale. You'll be spoilt for choice around here. I like to do a casual bit of cycling too. Just local spins around the country lanes and tracks on my mountain bike. Nothing serious.

Back