Hello from France

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiseant

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After way too much time spent on comparing every offers on the internet, I just acquire a newbie brewer pack : two buckets and everything needed to make something out of those precious tin can

I'll surely end up with a more advanced micro-brewery but (for once) I convinced myself to follow the steps slowly :mrgreen:

My first batch will be a Brewferm Pils : the can opener is already on it, but I'm still wondering if I should make it 12L or 20L

As indicated, I'm from France : I'll make efforts on my english but you will certainly need a bit of patience and goodwill at some point, sorry :roll:

Well, the store is closed and I don't have 1kg of sugar so I think I'll not wondering much longer anyway ...

I hope you will have a lot of fun brewing Aiseant. :)

When you have had a try with your kit, take a look at Clibit's Simple AG brewing thread. You will never regret it, I promise you.

:) Bon Courage.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your kit and I'm sure you will be onto bigger and better brews as the weeks go by.

Welcome to the forum, I've heard that the brewferm pils is better brewed at 12lts. Let us know how it turns out :thumb:

Where are you living Aiseant?
My son lives in Paris and my ambition at one time was to open a microbrewery there to make proper beer for all the Tourists ( and Parisians)! The rules, documents and prices put me off but I see it is starting to grow there now.

Welcome to the forum,we all have to start somewhere and I am sure you will get there

Bienvenue et Bon voyage!

Thank you all for your welcomes

@Tony1951 : I just looked it up, and it seems way easier than I imagined. I'll finish my current batch first, but maybe this is next :) I still need to be more comfortable with all the names, materials etc

@Beechwood : As I'm simply not wired to follow a simple manual, I ended up making 14.3L ... don't ask ... I'll make a post once it's in bottles

@Geetee : I'm near Evry and Corbeil Essonnes (South of Paris, a bit East). There's a very nice brewery in the area (oxbier), but for sure paperwork and legislations can be killers in France :) I don't intent to share my beer anyway, it'll all for me&myself. Well, maybe for my bf too, if he's nice enough ... after all, he does cope with a 30L bucket bubbling in the middle of the living room right now, this deserves some kind of regards.

@Dutto : Yeah, google translator is helpful, but I generally use translators only for one word, no full sentences. From french to english, they get lost : way too many convolutions, complex structure etc. It's just the way we think sentences that turns bad when we try in english. The other way around always seems nicer to me because short sentences are okay in french. But you do not have any idea how hard it is for me to write without putting 'that', 'which', conjunction and relative subordinate clauses everywhere :mrgreen:

Don't let a lack of English stop you from asking any questions. As I explain to my French friends "You are the "professors" of the French language so I expect you to decipher whatever I attempt to say in French; and I will do the same if you speak English."

After thirty years Jean-Claude and Danielle can now say "Hello", "Goodbye" and "Merry Christmas" so progress has been a bit slow on the "learn English" front.

Enjoy the Forum. :thumb: :thumb:

Ne laissez pas un manque d'anglais vous empêcher de poser des questions . Comme je l'explique à mes amis français " Vous êtes les « professeurs »de la langue française , donc je vous attends à déchiffrer tout ce que je tente de dire en français , et je vais faire la même chose si vous parlez anglais . "

Après trente ans Jean- Claude et Danielle peuvent maintenant dire "Hello" , "Goodbye" et "Merry Christmas" donc les progrès ont été un peu lent sur ​​le front " apprendre l'anglais " .

Profitez du Forum. :thumb::thumb:

Thank you all for your welcomes

@Geetee : I'm near Evry and Corbeil Essonnes (South of Paris, a bit East). There's a very nice brewery in the area (oxbier), but for sure paperwork and legislations can be killers in France :) I don't intent to share my beer anyway, it'll all for me&myself. Well, maybe for my bf too, if he's nice enough ... after all, he does cope with a 30L bucket bubbling in the middle of the living room right now, this deserves some kind of regards.

You live a little south of where my brother lives - Yerres - about 8km north of you.

:)

But you do not have any idea how hard it is for me to write without putting 'that', 'which', conjunction and relative subordinate clauses everywhere:

There's plenty of us struggle with that on here. Welcome.

The word that always freaks me out when I hear a friend say it is "donc".

It translates as "so" or "therefore" and if I didn't quite get the first half of the conversation (I often let things slide on the basis that I will pick up the thread later) the second part goes straight past me!

Sorry! Two idioms even in the explanation.

OR

Le mot qui me fout toujours quand j'entends un ami dire qu'il est " donc" .

Il se traduit par « donc » ou «donc» et si je ne reçois pas tout à fait la première moitié de la conversation ( je laisse souvent des choses glissent sur la base que je vais reprendre le fil plus tard) la deuxième partie va droit devant moi !

Pardon! Deux idiomes même dans l'explication! :doh: :doh: Maintenant en italique.:lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back