Hello from Manchester

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACEKOS

Beer lover!
Reaction score
Hello, my names Alex from Manchester, quite new to brewing, getting some good results but want to improve, mainly modifying kits but want to get into the boil etc. looking forward to good chats 👍

Hello, my names Alex from Manchester, quite new to brewing, getting some good results but want to improve, mainly modifying kits but want to get into the boil etc. looking forward to good chats 👍
Welcome Alex. What sort of stuff are you making at the mo and what would you brew if you could?

Welcome Alex. What sort of stuff are you making at the mo and what would you brew if you could?
Cheers, I’m making kits at the moment, I’ve got a cheap Wilco’s IPA kit on and dry hopping with 50g of Citra, also added 300g of honey to the kit to raise it up a tad. I’m putting another IPA on called Full Sail from love brewing going on Wednesday, both in king kegs. I really want to start from scratch with boiling, that’s what I want to be doing.

Cheers, I’m making kits at the moment, I’ve got a cheap Wilco’s IPA kit on and dry hopping with 50g of Citra, also added 300g of honey to the kit to raise it up a tad. I’m putting another IPA on called Full Sail from love brewing going on Wednesday, both in king kegs. I really want to start from scratch with boiling, that’s what I want to be doing.
I've just bottled a Wilko IPA kit, added some leftover Centennial at 80°C to use it up, and lightly dry hopped with 20g Citra and 20g Simcoe. Bottled yesterday it seems promising, tasted low on the ABV since I only had half the spraymalt needed to make up the gravity, but not too bothered about that. Cold crashed outside for a few days and it's pretty clear already

I've just bottled a Wilko IPA kit, added some leftover Centennial at 80°C to use it up, and lightly dry hopped with 20g Citra and 20g Simcoe. Bottled yesterday it seems promising, tasted low on the ABV since I only had half the spraymalt needed to make up the gravity, but not too bothered about that. Cold crashed outside for a few days and it's pretty clear already
Is it the hoppy IPA? I’ve used it a few times it’s great with some hops added, I had a a cheeky taste as I barrelled it and tastes great, primed it and crashing now, I like to leave it a good few weeks for the flavour develop. I’ve never used spraymalt, what are the benefits?

Is it the hoppy IPA? I’ve used it a few times it’s great with some hops added, I had a a cheeky taste as I barrelled it and tastes great, primed it and crashing now, I like to leave it a good few weeks for the flavour develop. I’ve never used spraymalt, what are the benefits?
Ah, no it was this one which needed the spraymalt to get to the stated ABV. The spraymalt is malt extract so adds gravity points as well as body.

Screenshot_20221127-164347~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back