Hello from Northamptonshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandles.321

Reaction score
just saying hi. Got my first Beer kit brewing now. hope it goes well. really looking forward to tasting it. hopefully in a while i will be making full grain beer with my own recipes pretty sure i will be able to with some of the very informative threads on this site.
I am making a John Bull Lager kit at the moment. i am planning to transfer this to a barrel(as i found one in the loft that my parents used) would it be advisable to invest in a co2 injector kit for this or should the natural pressure from the beer be enough. thanks very much Steve. :cheers:

sandles.321 said:
just saying hi. Got my first Beer kit brewing now. hope it goes well. really looking forward to tasting it. hopefully in a while i will be making full grain beer with my own recipes pretty sure i will be able to with some of the very informative threads on this site.
I am making a John Bull Lager kit at the moment. i am planning to transfer this to a barrel(as i found one in the loft that my parents used) would it be advisable to invest in a co2 injector kit for this or should the natural pressure from the beer be enough. thanks very much Steve. :cheers:

If you plan to stick with the plastic pressure barrel for awhile, you could look into getting a cap with an s30 valve on it and getting a small hambleton bard co2 cylinder. They're more economical than the small co2 bulbs imo

Hello and welcome, great site and people here. :cheers:

Im in northampton too :thumb:

Dave

Tanks very much stubbs. I will look into a c02 kit and hambleton bard cyclinder.
And hello Dave nice to now there are some people from the northants area. Do you now of any good home brew shops in Northamptonshire or close. :cheers: Steve

theres a shop in wellingborough.. keg 9.. part of the health food store,
wilcos in the npton weston favell centre
the happy brewer in bedford,
there some of the ones i use... :party:

thanks artyb may have to have a look at some of them. I bought my brewing kit from Wilkinson in Banbury as i am on the Northampton,Oxfordshire,Buckinghamshire border :) :) :) :) thanks very much for the reply.
:cheers:

artyb said:
theres a shop in wellingborough.. keg 9.. part of the health food store,
wilcos in the npton weston favell centre
the happy brewer in bedford,
there some of the ones i use... :party:

Artyb nailed it on the head, also in Tesco, weston favell centre. Nice sized brew section, mostly youngs stuff(if not all). Head staight down to the tv's and is off on the right. :thumb:

Happy brewing!! :cheers:

Awesome didn't now that Tesco sold home brewing stuff. will give that a gander. used to get my lunch from that Tesco for like 2 years and never saw the home brewing stuff lol :cheers:

support your local hbs , paul , keg9 home brews, we sell s30 gas cylinders and do a regular delivery to northampton cheers :cheers:
sandles.321 said:

Back