Hello To New And Old

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneray

Landlord.
Reaction score
High there.

My name is Neil (forum name Aneray) and I have been a member of the forum for a couple of years until about a year or so ago. I have brewed beer, lager, wine and cider and whatever else is brewable since I was about fifteen years old until last year when a long running back problem got the better of me and Winston Churchill's 'Black Dog' set in on a milder scale.

Before all of this c**p started, I was working as a chef in a decent job and life was great. I brewed plenty of drinkable beverages and decided to expand the brewing empire( The Camel Toe Brewery !!) and build a brewing shed. Not long after the build and the finer details were sorted out I totally gave up, brewed no beer and left the place to rot. This went on throughout the last year or so until a few weeks ago when I finally decided to get off my fat ass and sort it. The roof had been leaking' leaving a real mess inside and it was that bad that fungi were growing on the ceiling. All the effort that I had put into the project was rotting away until I totally cleared the place out, put a brand new steel roof on top and had the wood burner going to dry it out.

Well, I'm getting there, its nearly dry and nearly ready to brew in again. To be honest, the drinking side of me has really changed. I'm not into drinking on a nightly basis like I used to be, it must be down to the medication, but I have really missed making it. If you are going to make a brew, you need the enthusiasm to follow the whole process through until the final sampling/drinking stage but up until now there has been a part of it lacking. I still have loads of beer and wine kits in the cupboard ready to brew so I think I better get my **** in gear.

To finish for now, I hope to speak to the same old faces who have given me invaluable advice in the past ( Moley, Aleman, Barnsley Brewer, Bob (from this and the other forum), and all the rest including new brewers that I haven't met yet.

All the best

Neil

Report this post

:clap: Welcome back to the fold....I remember when you came up with your brewery name...made a lot of us laugh.. :tongue: :rofl: :rofl:

welcome and best wishes on your mend, to your health and brewery

Welcome back to the fold Neil :thumb: I read the welcome and thought hey :wha: ...I know him...why's he posting a welcome...must be taking the p :lol: :tongue: ...not a good reflection of who I think of as present on the forum :oops: So sorry to hear of your back problem, not good, very debilitating :(
Drink 10 pints of this and 10 pints of that and the brewing gods will forgive you :lol: :tongue:
I know what you mean regards enthusiasm for the hobby, especially when medical complaints get in the way, but we have to drag ourselves kicking and screaming and...in the words of Monty Python...get on with it :lol:
I've long though an answer to brewing 'problems' would be to brew 2 cornies of ale and swap one with a nearby member, that way you wouldn't have to brew that often to get the benefit from several brews.
Anyway...I'm going on with myself...welcome back ;)

Back