Help needed please, i cocked up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty1974

Reaction score
Ok i cocked up! And a little puzzle for all
🙂

I was trying to be smart and ordered a custom grain kit from geterbrewed but i didn't realize they put all the grains in the list all in one bag crushed and mixed together, so i need some help as to what i can create from this list please?
Base Malts:
Weyermann Vienna Malt (EBC 6 - 9)[2Kg][500G],
Crisp Finest Maris Otter Pale Ale (EBC 5.0-7.0)[1Kg][850G],
Crisp Extra Pale Maris Otter Malt (EBC 2.5-3.5)[1Kg][800G],
Crisp Wheat Malt (EBC 2.5-4.5)[0Kg][850G],

Caramel Malts:Weyermann Carapils Malt (EBC 2.5 - 6.5)[0Kg][350G]

I have these 2 yeasts
Lallemand Nottingham Beer Yeast

Wyeast London Ale III 1318

It was going to be a honey ale and a 2 hopped pale ale both 10 L batches, can anyone tell me what will i get if i mash all of the above Please?
thanks in advance!

I have the following Hops that where for the 2 brews 50g each Challenger Target Amarillo Galaxy Simcoe can you suggest at what times i would add them? FYI i have only done 2 brews so far so i have no idea...

I have the following Hops that where for the 2 brews 50g each Challenger Target Amarillo Galaxy Simcoe can you suggest at what times i would add them? FYI i have only done 2 brews so far so i have no idea...
If you’re going for Clint’s suggestion of an IPA go for Amarillo, Galaxy and Simcoe. You could use Target at 60mins and put the rest in between 5mins, flameout and dry hop (depending on volumes).

Id recommend you download the Brewers Friend app and play about with the hop additions until you have something that matches the style for bitterness units.

Latest posts

Back