Help with corny keg, chiller and tap set up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamekeepa

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’ve set up my Cornelius maxi 310 chiller as I think is correct ( please see pics ) and I have my keg at 10psi. I turned on the cooler for the first time around an hour ago but while waiting I poured a beer and it is coming out very slow. Even when I upped the pressure in the keg. Am i doing something wrong? It’s my first time using these taps and the cooler. The pipe in the tap which the beer line connects to is very narrow. At least half the diameter of the 3/8 line from the corny keg. Is this normal/maybe causing the slow pour?
Also, the grill at the front of the cooler, to the left of the in and out pipes is very hot. Is that normal?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhoneView attachment IMG_1700.jpgView attachment IMG_1701.jpgView attachment IMG_1702.jpg using Tapatalk

Setup appears to be correct to me. The vent should be giving off heat especially during the first hour.
Have you flushed through the Maxi pipework before connecting, sounds to me like you have a blockage/restriction somewhere.

I ran some star san through and then some water. That was coming through the same as the beer is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setup appears to be correct to me. The vent should be giving off heat especially during the first hour.
Have you flushed through the Maxi pipework before connecting, sounds to me like you have a blockage/restriction somewhere.
Not sure why you have what I believe is a check valve in the line from Maxi to tap, I would have just a JG connector.

Hi
could be a rookie mistake the flow controller you have in the pipework may be turned down try twisting it so that it is more open if not don't know
Pete

Ive tried turning that all the way to open. I may have bigger problems now anyway as it doesn’t seem to be cooling. Is the water reservoir supposed to freeze? It doesn’t appear to be. Also the fan is not turning. Not sure if that’s meant to either.

I’ve got the fan working now. Seems it was bent slightly causing it to catch. A simple bend of one of the blades and it’s now spinning freely. That was an easy fix at least. Turned it back on now and I’ll see what happens regards cooling.

The cooler is working fine now. The faucet is condensing and the beer is lovely and cold. The beer is still flowing slowly though. I’ve tried swapping over online 2 in and out and that is the same. And I’ve opened up the flow control on the line into the tap to max.

Latest posts

Back