HELP ..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didgeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

need your trusty advice again...Brewed up a wherrys last Saturday, did everything by the book. Nothing is happening. Got a bit of foam on Sunday evening and a very slight fermentation over the next few days. Gave it a good stir twice over the week, even added yeast nutrient yesterday. Sweet nothing is happening. I reckon the brew is going to go off sooner or later.
It is giving off bubbles but you can count them, so slow is the process. Temp is constant 20 degrees. Is this just a slow fermentation ?
Anything you can recommend guys??

Cheers Sean,

I,ll wait until Monday to see what happens. -
Suppose if it goes off it goes off.
Jeez, that would be a waste!!
Have a good weekend, mate

Always give mine 10days in the FV, but you'll be okay for a few weeks.
Wherry's always seem to stick around 1020, so you've done the right thing giving it a swirl and adding nutrient. :thumb:

Wherry is one of my favourite kits and I struggle to leave it bottled for couple of months.

Hope you like it as some dislike its fruity twang after taste

Don't worry about it going off, if its got a lid and airlock it'll be good for 4 weeks or more!!

I have done a Wherrys before. Loved it . Didn,t even bother bottling it. Was gone in no time.
Thanks for your help, all. Will just let it plod on until finished.

Off camping today. Happen to have a couple of DJ,s with Turbo ready to drink. Happy days. Camping, didgin, and Turbo...
have a great weekend everyone.

Just measured my wherrys again - still on 1016.
I think this is going to be a non runner.
Whats' the worse I could do -wack another dosage of yeast. Leave it, drink it ugh, no its not a nice taste, forget the drink it.

Would be a damned shame to throw it away but I reckon you have all been there!!
Sniff

I'd stick it in a barrel and prime very lightly and see how it goes.
10 days in the warm and see what its like then :wha:
Sorry mate :(

What's the problem here?
1.014, 1.016, whatever, it's finished.
Bottle or barrel it, leave it somewhere warm for a few days then somewhere cool for a few weeks.

In my opinion it does need keeping for 2-3 months but the taste will improve. :thumb:

Cheers guys,
it just has not done much since I brewed it. I,ll bottle it at the weekend and put it somewhere for a few months. It is acting completely different to the first wherry I did. Is this normal? Was sure that the conditions were almost identical.

Back