HERMS PT100 question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieDS

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm in the planning stage for my new HERMS, can someone tell me can THIS type of pt100 be installed with the probe in direct contact with the liquid or does it need a thermowell?

I would suspect the problem would be sealing the pot with that probe.

Depending on where you are fitting the probe you would be better off with a 1/4" bsp and put it in the end of a T or i believe MrLard sells a sealing kit for the 1/4" bsp threaded one.
Alternatives are available from the States but they aren't cheap.

Thanks for the response.
Yep my intention is to install it in the end of a T piece, so what you're saying is I should look for imperial size thread then? Makes sense :doh:
Are the probes water proof though or is a thermowell required?

If you are going in the end of a T you would need a 1/2" bsp PT100 or a 1/4" bsp PT100 and a 1/4" to 1/2" bsp reducer assuming you are running a 1/2" bsp T or alternatively in the side of a T use http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=249 from my reading NPT is very similar to BSP and will seal with PTFE for low pressure systems.

Alot will depend on your setup though.

Hi patch, so you've managed to seal up the M8 thread on the probe easily enough?
Can you just clarify how you sealed the 8mm pipe inside the 10mm?
I had a look for bsp pt100's but they're hard to find for a decent price.
Thanks, Stevie.

Latest posts

Back