Hey Everyone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poguemahone87

Reaction score
New to the forum, and glad to find a UK-centric forum. Been getting sick of having to fiddle with american recipes because of them not using Imperial Gal.!

Anyway, quite new to brewing. I have just done my first couple of extract brews, both in line with a recipe called Palace Bitter from The Joys of Home Brewing 3rd ed. I did the first 5 gal. batch to the recipe, but second one I tried adding some golden syrup and tried a different mix of hops. Its a hell of a lot more hoppy! Even may be a bit too much for me.

Other than that I have done a couple of kit brews, which have been okay, and I also have 2 gal. of nettle beer bottle conditioning (I think it is going to taste like absolute **** though, considering the god awful smell it has - I don't think I like nettles!)

Looking forward to starting AG brewing once I have a bit more knowledge and experience, and also the money to buy or make myself a mash tun. Glad I found this forum, as it is full of good ideas and information for the budding home brewer!

Cheers! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back