Hi from Austria.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dosc

Reaction score
Hello.

I live in Austria (Europe) just exactly at the boarder to switzerland and im into brewing since a bit more than a year. I brewed with Grainfather first, switched to a brewzilla 65 gen 4 a few weeks ago. Maybe we buy a 2nd brewzilla 100l for double batches, or i upgrade to a 200l system - but thats future.
Im writing "we" because we are 4 friends that brew together and buy their equipment together.

I mostly brew pale ales because we like them the most. Pils and lager is complex to brew and cheap to buy.

Looking forward to find good information and discussion in this board.

Greetings.

Hi @dosc, and welcome. I agree with your views on mass-produced pilsner.
By did you point out that Austria is in Europe, by the way?
Hi to all the Sheila's.

Last edited:
Hello.

I live in Austria (Europe) just exactly at the boarder to switzerland and im into brewing since a bit more than a year. I brewed with Grainfather first, switched to a brewzilla 65 gen 4 a few weeks ago. Maybe we buy a 2nd brewzilla 100l for double batches, or i upgrade to a 200l system - but thats future.
Im writing "we" because we are 4 friends that brew together and buy their equipment together.

I mostly brew pale ales because we like them the most. Pils and lager is complex to brew and cheap to buy.

Looking forward to find good information and discussion in this board.

Greetings.
Hi, Beautiful country. athumb..I understand why you may be brewing. Certainly in Switzerland and a bit less so in Austria it was hard to find decent craft beer. Barrel brewing in interlaken are great and there were a few decent weissbiers available. FeldSchlosschen in Switzerland their beers were awful. When we were in Vienna we were able to have an Austrian weiss and visit a few craft beer places but there was a lot of American craft beer there.

Back