Hi from Cambridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Got a basic brew kit as a present 20 months ago living in Spain, which came with a Munton's Gold IPA kit. We didn't have space, so it spent most that time on our terrace. It was expiring, so last month I thought I'd have my first shot at brewing. By then I'd moved back to the UK, so we had the space, and beer is damn expensive here. I pitched too high (mmm... off bananna) and bottled too soon. The way it came out them bottles, you'd have thought I'd won the Monaco F1. I'm sure the only reason I didn't get bottle bombs was because I didn't leave it long enough to mature... but it was drinkable, just, and it was drunk. No small part thanks to the forum, I'm hooked and I reckon I'm just about getting the hang of the basics; the fv in now sitting in pool of 20C water heated with a cheap aquarium heater, and I've even made one of these using parts lying around the old man's place: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=381452. The Evil Dog is conditioning for Christmas, Youngs AIPA clearing in the fv, a Wherry ready to go in on Sunday, and a Coopers Cerveza in the pipeline.

Any suggestions of what to put on once this lot is done? I'm think perhaps a Brupak West Riding Wheat.

Hi Ian, (if you need local advice give me a yell)(im in Ely)

Kit wise I'v moved on to all grain most of the time but I have found that he better brew kits work well, in particular the bandit brew (think desperado larger but better. A lot of my mates constantly request that one)

Cheers Lloyd,
I hope to move up to AG once of I've the basics nailed and have a bit more space. I'll check out the bandit brew, something light and refreshing for the summer.

Iain, I'm loving the John Bull kits in the Tesco Sales, I've done the IPA and Best Bitter and loved them both. I'm thinking of doing Toucan on the Wilko £8 kits.

Iain, I'm loving the John Bull kits in the Tesco Sales, I've done the IPA and Best Bitter and loved them both.

Good call Larry. I got the John Bull IPA in the Tesco sale. Its just 5 days out the FV, but pretty damn good already. Got a feeling its going to be a stonker!
I

Latest posts

Back