Hi from Epsom, Surrey UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve G

Reaction score
Hi.

I've been brewing beer from Wilko kits for about 12 years, and making wine mostly from elderflowers, blackberries or apples for a similar time.
The reason I've joined today is partly due to the demise of Wilko. I'm going to need to find an alternative supplier, and looking for any advice for the SW London area. I know you can buy them mail order, but the postage is disproportionately high on such heavy items.
Today I wrote an email to B&M asking (pleading?) witht them to start stocking wine and beer making equipment.

Hi.

I've been brewing beer from Wilko kits for about 12 years, and making wine mostly from elderflowers, blackberries or apples for a similar time.
The reason I've joined today is partly due to the demise of Wilko. I'm going to need to find an alternative supplier, and looking for any advice for the SW London area. I know you can buy them mail order, but the postage is disproportionately high on such heavy items.
Today I wrote an email to B&M asking (pleading?) witht them to start stocking wine and beer making equipment.
Have you a Range nearby ?
There used to be one in Croydon

Have you a Range nearby ?
There used to be one in Croydon
Ooh, yes, my nearest seems to be in Croydon which is 10 miles away, but it's near the big Ikea so I do go there sometimes.
Looking at their website they seem to have a fairly limited range of equipment and brewing kits, but the American IPA looks interesting. Thanks.

Ooh, yes, my nearest seems to be in Croydon which is 10 miles away, but it's near the big Ikea so I do go there sometimes.
Looking at their website they seem to have a fairly limited range of equipment and brewing kits, but the American IPA looks interesting. Thanks.
It’s a few years since I lived and worked in the Epsom area. There used to be a homebrew shop in Sutton in Priory Rd but I can’t remember it’s name sorry

It’s a few years since I lived and worked in the Epsom area. There used to be a homebrew shop in Sutton in Priory Rd but I can’t remember it’s name sorry
I knew it well. It was an excellent shop but sadly it closed down about 5 years ago. As far as I can tell there are now zero homebrew shops inside the M25 (other than the Range just mentioned)

Hi! I’m in Epsom too, and Will was the last place in the area supplying anything. Cheers in Cheam was the last good place locally.

I’m planning to do an order from The Malt Miller soon, so can always add some extra items on and then drop them off to you, or something like that.

I should have said welcome to the OP.

Sad news about Cheers, only went once or twice but was useful to have something not too far away. Still shows as open on Google (was looking a week or two ago) so will submit an edit request.

The homebrew shop in Farnham and waterintobeer Brockley. Both very good with friendly knowledgeable staff.
Not aware of the Farnham shop, but there’s one in Hawley Lane, Farnborough

What3words
///shares.mega.upcoming

Not aware of the Farnham shop, but there’s one in Hawley Lane, Farnborough

What3words
///shares.mega.upcoming
Me neither. There is a Lion Brewery, but that's more like an off license.

The shop Steve mentioned used to be in Aldershot before moving to Farnborough about 7 years ago.
I know this as Aldershot location was within cycling distance - well return with full paniers distance.
But Farnborough is too far, I have to drive. Also they used to run weekend brewing courses using AIO kit out the back, but I haven't seen or heard of them attempting that in Farnborough location.

Latest posts

Back