Home brewing in belgium

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojonojo

Reaction score
Hello folks

it looks like im going to have to move to Liege, Belgium for work in the next few months, so i am starting to gather information about home brewing in Belgium, supply stores etc.

So the obvious www.brouwland.com is about an hour from liege, so thats a start, do any other members have any good resources for the brewer in the nation of beer?

M

personally, if I were in Belgium, I wouldn't bother with home brew - there's plenty of very good ale/beer already available in shops, without attempting to make my own. and it's all at a very high standard.

Crastney said:
personally, if I were in Belgium, I wouldn't bother with home brew - there's plenty of very good ale/beer already available in shops, without attempting to make my own. and it's all at a very high standard.

by your argument i shouldn't be home brewing now? given that the kernel brewery is virtually on my doorstep, and i enjoy a afternoon there with mates every month, I enjoy home-brewing and dont necessarily do it to 'just make beer to a high standard'.

I can say for certainty i will be drinking a lot of trappist beers, and at €1.60 for a Rochfort 10 from the corner store i wont be complaining!

So far there is Brouwland (1hr from liege) & Castle maltings (about 2hrs) and Candirect about an hour and a half into Germany.

sorry - I probably should have added that I don't brew my own beer, yet, only (mostly) cider, ginger stuff, some fruit wine, and high strength infusions (limoncello, and beech leaf noyau).

Crastney said:
you can buy anything you want where ever you are but it's not about the buying , it's more about the making ;)

Latest posts

Back