Home Brewing Stainless Steel Malt Mill £9:99

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The handle length is 200 mm so i don't think its going to be as big as the picture would have you believe.

I'll be 'deeply' surprised if this isn't a scam; it has almost all the hallmarks at once.

But if the item is what people expect, and if no-one has been mislead into paying outside Amazon, and if Amazon do actually honour the guarantees people are highlighting then ultimately the financial loser may just be Amazon.

I suspect Mr Uvfd is preparing to do a runner as we type.

But just for the sake of comparison heres my probably fake tracking number '[FONT=&quot]30464780850' also with 4PX, has everyone else got a different number?

[/FONT]

I suspect Mr Uvfd is preparing to do a runner as we type.

But just for the sake of comparison heres my probably fake tracking number '[FONT=&quot]30464780850' also with 4PX, has everyone else got a different number?

[/FONT]

30464772273. That's mine. Also 4PX.
Aye well we'll see what happens I suppose.

And the good news is that every item he sells gets nothing but 5* reviews, LOTS of 5* reviews. Must be good because he's got a hardcore of regular customers, you can tell because it's the same people over and over leaving the five star reviews on his products :doh:

I've already reported two like this to Amazon in the last few weeks. I've stopped buying from the marketplace altogether now, says something when eBay becomes the safer bet.

He certainly has something suspicious looking about him. With Amazon's buyer protection I'm guessing he's just trying to scam them out of money.

I tried to explain to Amazon the worries put forward on this Thread and apparently I have now cancelled my order! :doh:

I'm going to be as sick as a parrot if the rest of you receive a nice shiny stainless steel mill and I just get my ten quid back! :nono: :nono: :nono:

I tried to explain that it was a worry rather than a certainty, but I now see that I am complaining that the mill "Failed to arrive." which isn't really a problem in view of the fact that it is still on its way! :whistle:

With a hell of a lot of luck I will get my mill as promised ... :thumb:

... and if it doesn't arrive I already have my "Money Back" guarantee in place. :thumb:

"Win-win!" in that case, so here's hoping! :lol::lol:

Dutto, I'm shocked! Are you trying to pull a fast one on this nice Chinese lad who's only trying to scratch a living selling shiny grain mills for less than the cost of the raw materials?

Be ashamed, old man...

I actually don't think this guy's a scam. The reviewers are verified purchase and if you look at some of them they have varied Amazon history going back many years, i.e. they don't look like bought reviews. I think this guy's running an automated sales platform (very popular in China) and has a line into excess warehouse stock. He will have no clue what he's selling, only that it's costing him less than £9.99 to buy and ship.

I'll stick my neck out and say you're going to get a delivery, except old Dutto that it is who's managed to get himself cancelled. Whether the quality will be any good, who knows!

The seller themselves is described as 'just launched, no feedback yet'. Presumably the reviews mentioned are for the items themselves, as sold by other sellers.

Either way, its worth being wary of any follow up communications that ask for additional payment or confirmation of details. Currently theres a good chance the damage will be limited to £9.99 with chance of reimbursement if no-one got mislead into paying not through Amazon, but giving them actual card or bank details would be rather different.

Latest posts

Back