Home Brewing Stainless Steel Malt Mill £9:99

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a go for a tenner. If it turns up then happy days but we'll see!

I love these 'soap opera' threads, where someone finds something really cheap, everyone piles in, but perhaps things arent what they seem (or may be they are) so there's loads of speculation until the item arrives. The last one I joined in was the cheapo chinese £20 malt mill from ebay

I love these 'soap opera' threads, where someone finds something really cheap, everyone piles in, but perhaps things arent what they seem (or may be they are) so there's loads of speculation until the item arrives. The last one I joined in was the cheapo chinese £20 malt mill from ebay

But they were priced about right and not a tenth of the standard price. I think the quality was the question there.

But they were priced about right and not a tenth of the standard price. I think the quality was the question there.

As I say, all remains to be seen... I await the next installment of the malt mill soap opera. Taking delivery and what people think about them once they actually have them in their mitts (always assuming this isnt some sort of massive scam)

It may be worth a look at this and this, both of which look like the images used in this seller's mill listings. TBH thats cheaper than I'd have imagined, they seem unlikely to be the highest quality, but even so.. To undercut Aliexpress by over 75% seems fantastic - in almost the proper meaning of the word.

My father has a saying for this type of thing, "if something looks too good to be true, it probably is", I hope I am proved wrong, I paid £80ish for my Bulldog mill.

I love these 'soap opera' threads, where someone finds something really cheap, everyone piles in, but perhaps things arent what they seem (or may be they are) so there's loads of speculation until the item arrives. The last one I joined in was the cheapo chinese �£20 malt mill from ebay

It's better than anything on the telly, I'm sitting here with baited breath for the first deliveries to hit the thread.

It's a saga now Dave.
67a18de29abedd53a432f8c826ef8fcb.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Is anyone running a book on the potential outcome?

If so, I'll have a score on people receiving a sheet of tin with a note stating 'some assembly required'.

I'm now hoping and praying that:

1. It IS a scam. (I've just got my money back from Amazon!) :thumb: :thumb:

OR

2. It ISN'T a scam and the Mill really is "On its way!". (Hoping that Amazon can't interfere with shipments from China.) :thumb:

If it's 2. then my inherent honesty will kick in and I will 'fess up to Amazon, re-pay the money and (of course) keep it! :thumb:

The third option makes my blood run cold! This is where it isn't a scam and I have just lost out on a stainless steel malt mill for ten quid! :doh: :doh:

Apparently the £9.99 includes postage, so this mill would have to be virtually free were it to be real. About the only way I can think of is if the seller has genuinely made some almighty cock up and still hasn't noticed.

Apparently the ��£9.99 includes postage, so this mill would have to be virtually free were it to be real. About the only way I can think of is if the seller has genuinely made some almighty cock up and still hasn't noticed.
I order one and I knew it was wrong but with it being on Amazon I figured the worst that could happen is I get my money back, if by some miracle it turns its going straight on eBay £15 for a 50% profit :rolleyes:

Ditto, apart from the going on eBay bit.

Speaking of eBay, I see, and have occasionally bought, items from China that make no economic sense in terms of sale price versus postage and manufacturing cost, when viewed from a western perspective. Free delivery is common, and I suspect the Royal Mail get a huge bundle of cash from the Chinese government to empty, sort and deliver containers full imported Chinese goods. Amazon, eBay etc are a backdoor route to proliferate western markets with Chinese produce, sold on large volume and minimal margin. No need for costly UK agents and logistics. A small financial gain for a Chinese product is also greater loss to a US or European manufacturer.

I still think there is an outside chance of receiving these mills.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I love these 'soap opera' threads, where someone finds something really cheap, everyone piles in, but perhaps things arent what they seem (or may be they are) so there's loads of speculation until the item arrives. The last one I joined in was the cheapo chinese �£20 malt mill from ebay

You dont get entertainment like that down the pub do you. :mrgreen:

I'm late to this thread but will keep an eye on it. I checked the reviews and they are legit, but are reviews for the items not this particular seller and the items were at higher prices.

Apparently the £9.99 includes postage, so this mill would have to be virtually free were it to be real. About the only way I can think of is if the seller has genuinely made some almighty cock up and still hasn't noticed.

He/she must have noticed because they have re-advertised them and changed their seller profile.

Latest posts

Back