How easy can making AG beer be?...seriously easy !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muddydisco said:
FatherChristmas said:
This sounds like a great start to AG brewing for me, does anyone know where I can get small amounts of grain and hopps for this kind of size?

I'll happily ship out some grains and hops for people, subject to my stocks and your needs. Maybe worth making a new thread asking people to club together or chip in and post out some small quantities for people's.

Ooooo, I'd be in for that. It would save us non-AG brewers from having to buy 10kg, or whatever the normal grain bag weighs, and just paying for what was needed :D

This sounds like a really great way to experiment with AG for cheap.

I'd have to get hold of a demijohn, but would be up for chipping in to buy just the right amounts of grain/hops.

ScottM said:
Muddydisco said:
FatherChristmas said:
This sounds like a great start to AG brewing for me, does anyone know where I can get small amounts of grain and hopps for this kind of size?

I'll happily ship out some grains and hops for people, subject to my stocks and your needs. Maybe worth making a new thread asking people to club together or chip in and post out some small quantities for people's.

Ooooo, I'd be in for that. It would save us non-AG brewers from having to buy 10kg, or whatever the normal grain bag weighs, and just paying for what was needed :D

That's a great offer, certainly up for it, I'll do some research and see what a good recipe to start with is.

nice idea, sadly ive just figured out how to use beersmith-well maybe... will c how nxt batch goes-and my ocd just wouldnt let me not know for sure, it was bad enough not having scales for my sugar and hops (crappy electronics scales batts ran out while i wasnt looking)
As for supplys why not scrounge around your lhbs or mates brewing cuboard, their bound to have stuff going off that they dont care if it gets used...also i hear they used to use other things like heather(if near a hill or still in use if your a certain scottish brewery) or burdock root (if near a river or asian food shop) in place of hops...

Muddydisco said:
FatherChristmas said:

I'll be up for that. Happy to cover costs and postage etc :thumb:
I've even got a couple of spare demi's if there's anyone near me who needs one.

I'm in, I just bought a chimnea...reckon I will be stealing Muddydisco's idea and trying a chimnea-brew...old school style!!! :thumb:

I made a little h frame of 6mm steel rod for the pot to sit on and allow the heat to flow out of the chimney. And be warned the pot will be black as can be afterwards :thumb:

I'm up for this, have to find a way of cleaning that 1 DJ that's been hanging out in the garage. Very tempted by the chimnea idea :)

Oh my oh my, :party: Yesterday when cleaning out my conditioner cupboard and rotating my stock around I found a bottle of the 7.7% old english ale I brewed for the original back to basics, I truely believed I had drunk it all :shock: Looks like this will need drinking tonight ;)

I'm up for this :) Its not a bad way of using up some of the odds and sods. Mash in a low oven and then boil on the BBQ I think :)

Simon

I'm waiting on getting some demijohns, and assuming the person offering me them comes through, I'll certainly give this a go :mrgreen:

Hi gang,
I know I said I was up for this, but I just landed a new job, and don't have time to do anything at the moment. Sorry, hope to be able to do *something* in the future, but not at the moment.

In this day and age a jobs more important good luck with it

Back