How long before 2nd racking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluff

Reaction score
I have a kit wine which had finished fermenting so i added the stabiliser/finnings which came with it, left it for a few days and racked it into a clean DJ with CT in, sorted.

Only being somewhat forgetful i went and added bentonite to the DJ as well a few days later! Now i realise this probably wont harm the wine and should add clearing right? However you can't see through it after over a week but then again being a strawberry kit should it be that clear anyway?

What I thinking is that i should rack it again as now the bentonite has left a layer of sediment at the bottom of the dj or should i just leave it be for a few more weeks and just bottle it?

I really should start taking notes.......

cheers

I'm surprised it's not clear after adding finings, and yes, it should be completely clear whether it's from kit, juice or real fruit.

I'm guessing you've probably rushed things, and the bentonite won't do any harm, so leave it in a cool, dark place and forget about it for a month.

Back