How long for chemipro cleaned water to 'reverse'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiseant

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I get it, we need to clean everything, all the time. I do get it, I'm used to make jam and canned food, desinfection is the key if you want good product at the end.

However, I fell bad throwing that many water down the drain, 'just' to clean things. My FV are 30L, so cleaning consumes a lot of water very quickly and I intend to do it quite often :cheers:

I have two rainwater collectors that I could use to store this water exclusively or not (one is not really in use right now). So I was wondering how long it would take to a sterilized water (I use oxi chemipro powder right now) to lose its properties and be usable for gardening, cleaning floors or so on.

I'm aware I'll not get drinkable water this way, but at least something neutral for my compost, maybe ?

Any thought about this matter ? :)

Not sure that I would want to use this water for gardening,but I think you would be pretty safe using it as soon as you want for cleaning floors etc. You would need to check that if you were adding any other cleaning product that it did not react with any residual chemicals from your initial cleaning of your fv.

Latest posts

Back