How many units [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many units a week do you drink?

• Below the recommended 8 per week

• 9 - 24

• 25 - 35

• More than 35

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After reading a post about units in the Snug i thought a new poll would be of interest, the first two poll results are below (2018 & 2021)

The maximum number of weekly units has dropped to 8 from 14 so i will change the first value to 8.

1681312944662.png

hhhhhure.JPG

Last edited:
After reading a post about units in the Snug i thought a new poll would be of interest, the first two poll results are below (2018 & 2021)

The maximum number of weekly units has dropped to 8 from 14 so i will change the first value to 8.
So far there are two votes and both are over 35 - is that you and me Chippy 😂

PS Bless you for just having the top category as over 35 😉

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 84325

View attachment 84326

I thought it was 21 for men and 14 for women at one point. Have I been dreaming or is that right? :laugh8:

I thought it was 21 for men and 14 for women at one point. Have I been dreaming or is that right? :laugh8:

I don't know where i got the 8 unit figure from i have searched and all results say 14 -

to keep health risks from alcohol to a low level, it is safest not to drink more than 14 units a week on a regular basis. if you regularly drink as much as 14 units per week, it's best to spread your drinking evenly over 3 or more days.

Move to Ireland. You can have 17 “regular “ drinks.
A regular drink is -
  • a pub measure of spirits (35.5ml)
  • a small glass of wine (12.5% volume)
  • a half pint of normal beer
  • an alcopop (275ml bottle)
A bottle of 12.5% alcohol wine has about 7 standard drinks.

If that’s the case I’m in the 25-35 bracket unless I cross the border then it’s up to the high bracket 🤦‍♂️ And I’m at risk. 🫣

Wow didn't realise it dropped to 8 units. I drink Thursday to Sunday evenings, of an evening typically the wife and I will share a bottle of wine with dinner (5 units) and I'll probably have a couple of beers so that's my quota gone in a night. The weeks worth puts me into the over 35 units camp. I could probably do with cutting back a bit.

Wow didn't realise it dropped to 8 units. I drink Thursday to Sunday evenings, of an evening typically the wife and I will share a bottle of wine with dinner (5 units) and I'll probably have a couple of beers so that's my quota gone in a night. The weeks worth puts me into the over 35 units camp. I could probably do with cutting back a bit.
Cut back?
Take all recommendation fads with a pinch of salt say we.
Cholesterol,
Dairy butter,
Full milk,
Insert your favorite here.........

All had warnings which have come and gone, or even flipped around.
Cut out nothing and have everything in moderation.
Our ancestors ate whatever they could get, which is why we are here.
OK they didn't all live that long, but then they didn't have the NHS.
Motto:
Eat and drink sensibly,
Save Our NHS!

it was 28 for men and 21 for women before that.

I once read a WHO report (pre 2012) that said under 35 units low - 35-53 medium and 53+ high risk to health. I'm tying to get back into the medium category :rolleyes:

PHE and all the boring gits who spout all this ********, well i have a message for you (go and wallow in a sea of your own self pity) i have a life and i will live it as i choose, i am 70 years old i like a drink always have, i worked all my life to live not the other way round and i have bloody well enjoyed it so far, and i have only been in hospital 4 times and one of those was when i was born, i paid in for 40 odd years so the nhs owe's me on that rekoning :coat: so all those who like to tell people how to live feck off and go enjoy yourself acheers.

Latest posts

Back