How old are you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
69 this October
And have been in full time retirement since I turned 65.
Now in me second childhood - sailing me model boats most Sunday mornings, but the model railway set up has stalled for the moment. The full darkroom (5x4 down to 35mm) has now been dismantled as I now scan & print digitally and is now the storage for mash tun boiler etc. + fermenting room + bottle storage +++ everything else.
Aye retirement is fun but it 'aint half busy!

Cheers

I'm 52 and sick and tired of working and can't wait to retire. But I fear I will soon be bored out of my mind and spend my days rolling around on the sofa wasting away. Got loads of hobbies and interests and they fill the time between work. But having all the time in the world to indulge in them will rob them of their appeal. What's a guy to do?

I'm 52 and sick and tired of working and can't wait to retire. But I fear I will soon be bored out of my mind and spend my days rolling around on the sofa wasting away. Got loads of hobbies and interests and they fill the time between work. But having all the time in the world to indulge in them will rob them of their appeal. What's a guy to do?
Brew more beer :drunk:
Cheers

........ But I fear I will soon be bored out of my mind and spend my days rolling around on the sofa wasting away. .........

Yes, right! The secret is

"Don't worry! Your better half will find something for you to do!"​

Like most retirees I have talked to, I cannot understand how I managed to find the time to work!

After retiring, living on a boat for eight years and wandering around the canals of Europe we bought this house on the basis that it was "perfect" and needed nothing doing to it. :thumb:

So perfect that all I have had to do in the last seven years is rip out a bath and install a walk-in shower, re-roof the garage, build a lean-to, install a rainwater collection system, build a conservatory, install a new back-door, modify the wall and door into the bedroom, install storage heaters throughout the house and garage, change the electric cooker over to gas, install a sink and a dryer in the garage, install a shed and section off the brewing end of the garage.

In the meantime we have toured Italy, France, Spain and Finland in the motorhome and manage to spend about 45% of our time "relaxing" in France.

I dread to think what I would have done with my time if the house hadn't been "perfect" when we bought it! :whistle: :whistle:

A philsophically difficult question to answer, dependant your perception of you! Do you usually judge your age by birth or conception? Alternatively by physical body, if so do you consider that as a baby all cells would have been replaced by now or at least the majority of them, in fact every seven years except some bone and nerve cells. Then I have to consider that on a molecular level I may in fact be absolutely different than I was last year. A lot of the atoms are millions, others billions and some as old as the cosmos (universe) some sub-atomic might be older. On another track, do you consider yourself to be based upon personality, if so that changes ever so slightly as you gather more experiences so essentially you are continually different and hard to pin down in time. P.s. Time is an abstract concept anyway, so no idea how old I am, maybe no more than a few seconds since posting this drivel :)

I'm 46 and have been wondering how quickly life passes us all by as if it was a blink of an eye.Though I suppose that is what we all are in the eyes of the universe........Enjoy life as we only get one chance at it.:thumb:

Don't worry it'll take about 5 minutes before you're wondering how you ever managed to find time to fit work in.

I'm 50.
A hectic full career in the Army...looking back the years went so slow! Specially in months on tours...then I retired end of 2013. Homebrewing hit me in a big way.
Alas the rest some know Jan 2015 been battling from two strokes.
Seems my life is 'seasonal'..good weather I get better with walking, moving my limbs then the bad weather smashes me in!! Back to square one!!
But I'm not miserable..far from it! I'm alife..got a nice house with our lass.
For all I can't work..I've got something to do everyday!
Housework takes time for me..
Home brewing is when I orginise my days so I do something different.
Never thought I'd do so much house work...lol
But my lass who works long days always gets a meal and the bath run..and sometimes I pick her up.
Having my daughter for the weekend and holidays completes me.
I can drive my adapted car so I'm mobile...
I apreciate things so much more.
Sorting the garden and cutting the grass is the next thing :-(
Remeber sitting in a trench in the desert crapping myself wishing I was retired...
Bloody went quick!!
Love life...:-)

I'm 43, but I've been brewing wine and beer on and off since I was 16 (Much easier and cheaper than trying to sneak into the pub - even in the 80s!)

I seem to have gone through stints of brewing, my last shot was for a few years with the ex-wife in the early 2000s. These days I'm middle-aged, free and single so my house is one big man-cave, with the understairs cupboard currently being converted into the brewery/pub. I'm most of the way through building my kegerator. It's had a couple of brews on an S30 keg, but I've just got a second corny and CO2 cylinder :) There's room for 2 more kegs in there too...

I'll get pics of the build up once its all ready :)

I am actually nineteen years old ... :thumb:

... and I don't even know that miserable old git I see in the mirror every morning! :whistle:

Quote from William Blake, Poet.

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

So according to him all you have to do is clean the mirror!

Quote from William Blake, Poet.

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

So according to him all you have to do is clean the mirror!

Like it and from the man himself ...

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!"

PS
For anyone born south of The Wash,
there are plenty of Translation sites on the web to sort out what that means!
:whistle:​

I am actually nineteen years old ... :thumb:

... and I don't even know that miserable old git I see in the mirror every morning! :whistle:
Aye he is a weird looker is that old boy in the mirror.I find him hard to look at as there was times he was young looking had hair with colour,looked fit whereas now he's grey with thinner hair not as fit looking and continuously mimics my movements.Hes an old git.hahaha

Sent from my ALE-L21

I am a grumpy 60yr old ( ACORDING TO THE WIFE )

I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but she probably thought the same, even if she didn't say it, well before you made 60! :whistle:

Welcome to the married life of a senior citizen!

The old lady Blanche on Coronation Street summed it up with one sentence many years ago.

Blanche was having a drink with a friend and nodded towards her daughter Deirdre and her son-in-law Ken Barlow who were propping up the bar and all loved up for the umpteenth time. Blanche said to her friend ...

"Ah, there's nothing like young love,
and that's nothing like young love!"
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:​

Latest posts

Back