hows my brew coming along

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daithi55

Reaction score
hi all this is my first attempt at making a homebrew kit its a edme superbrew gold lager

i made it saturday evening so its going for 3 days now
maybe theres nothing wrong with it and im just paranoid there isnt a mushroom head forming on it
maybe its the **** bucket your man sold me he just said i had to peel the corner back slightly

anyway when i made it i sterilised the bucket and mixing spoon i heat the mix in hot water in the sink to soften i then poured it into the bucket and added 3 liters of boiled water then added the the sugar which was normal sugar from the shop he said this would be fine then gave it a good mix together ... topped it up with cool water then added the yeast etc gave a slight stir and sealed the lid

hers a few pictures of it theres a kind of scum mark on the side of it
i havent taken the temperature of it but the heat has been constant from about 21.5 to 22.5

DSC09295.jpg

DSC09290.jpg

I made my first brew last week and it didn't appear to do anything for the full week, I did readings with the hydrometer and it did drop and stay the same after a week. I would just ignore it for a few days if I was you. I've now bought a bucket with a grommet in the lid so I can stick a airlock in it.

when have you checked it? the lack of activity says fermentaiton hasn't started to me, but the mark is saying there must have been krauzen (mushroom head) on there...my advice, open it, does it smell like beer? lol.

you could do with drilling an airlock hole into the lid and using one of them, makes life easy :cheers:

Looks like your brew is doing fine. Be patient :roll: and let it do it's thing. :D

Steve

cheers lads i plan on putting an airlock on as soon as i finish this batch and a tap

i sealed the lid and it started to bulge so its doing something i then slightly cracked it again to release a few minutes ago

and there is a smell of beer from it

Sounds and looks normal :thumb:

Most of my brews have done nothing until 36-48hrs in then they foam up like yours has done before dying down again, some others like my stout frothed right up and pushed out the top :shock:

Latest posts

Back