how's your stock holding up? :hmm:

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm....consumption is matching production at the moment, but not too bad!

On hand:
14 litres of Irish Stout (which is amazing)
20 litres of my first lager which will be 8 weeks old at xmas (fingers crossed its ok).
20 litres of bitter which will be 2 weeks old at xmas. Experience tells me as it's a Coopers it'll be drinkable.
20 litres of sweet newkie brown ale. Dubious if it'll be ready for xmas...!

Here's hoping santa brings me a bottling bucket as I use my second PB and I need to free it up!

I have about 7L of perry, 9L of chinook porter, 16L black IPA dry hopped four different ways, 3L of mild, 3L of hobgoblin clone and 1.5L of dogma clone, 15 or so bottles of wine, plus the odd bottle of cider, cherry cider, treacle stout and milk chocolate stout. I'm also bottling 24L of strong stout today, but no chance that'll be ready by Christmas. Nothing to put on once its bottled though; SWMBO has got me a grain mill and apparently I have to wait until Christmas. I told her I could disassemble it again and put it in the box so she can wrap it, but she's not having any of it.
Do you run an off licence by any chance and if not you should certainly think about it🍺

Sent from my ALE-L21

Got zero! Big 0! Got a porter just finishing in the secondary. Keg it this week and a kind of cascade fuggle thing being dry hopped this week. Was looking at my 8 empty fv and almost crying. I got 3 weeks of Christmas vacation coming up so going to brew like mad.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ba7D52bjs[/ame]

Hmm....consumption is matching production at the moment, but not too bad!

On hand:
14 litres of Irish Stout (which is amazing)
20 litres of my first lager which will be 8 weeks old at xmas (fingers crossed its ok).
20 litres of bitter which will be 2 weeks old at xmas. Experience tells me as it's a Coopers it'll be drinkable.
20 litres of sweet newkie brown ale. Dubious if it'll be ready for xmas...!

Here's hoping santa brings me a bottling bucket as I use my second PB and I need to free it up!
Is your stout extract, partial or AG.Looking to brew a good stout in the new year.

Sent from my ALE-L21

Thought I had to much till I read this lol.

15 liters of damson plum vodka
10 liters of citrus vodka
20 liters damson wine
2 cornie kegs of wherry + 15 x 650ml bottles
1 cornie admirals plus some 650ml bottles
1 cornie midas touch plus some 650ml bottles
1 x 22l mash clearing at the moment
1 x 22l mash bubbling away
Lost count but over 150 bottles wine :)

Enjoying a gentleman jack tonight and its a nice single malt Jura saved for xmas

Just moved my Youngs AIPA and pumpkin keg to my bulk on site conditioning facility (shed). ...and selected a few bottles to give to my machine partner in work tonight as it's our last shift.

Cheers

Clint

Bunch of alchys. I only have about 35 500ml bottles and that will last me to at least the end of January. And includes takng some to a new years eve party for friends to try.

I've friends and family coming round and already gave 4 bottles away today as it was end of shift for myself as well.I personally prefer Beers around 5 to 6 % as I drink less run to the loo less but get drunk quicker.Hitting the taphouse ale and wine bar to sample some Stone IPA and their Ruination with a fellow brewer from work.Hmm should be good

Sent from my ALE-L21

I've friends and family coming round and already gave 4 bottles away today as it was end of shift for myself as well.I personally prefer Beers around 5 to 6 % as I drink less run to the loo less but get drunk quicker.Hitting the taphouse ale and wine bar to sample some Stone IPA and their Ruination with a fellow brewer from work.Hmm should be good

Sent from my ALE-L21

Have you tried Ruination before? It's bloody fantastic stuff!

Have you tried Ruination before? It's bloody fantastic stuff!

Funny the Ale Bar we went to last night was out of stock and just as well.We were on a sampling session and sampled 12 different craft beers local and international and only one local one hit the spot with Stone IPA and Brewdog Punk IPA.Had to be guided to my bed when I got home and suffering today.
I'm not joking but we did try some absolute **** beers but again it's down to each individual and their palet.:thumb:

Surprised myself then when i did a quick count, approx 150 bottles plus another 26L being bottled this weekend. Also about 20 bottles of mead and wine. I'm not really a big drinker so this lot would probably last me a year or 2 :shock:

Let's see -

Ready to drink:

20 bottles of Festival Landlord (just coming good after 4.5 months in the bottle)
40 bottles of Festival Old Suffolk Strong Ale with sundry additions (brewed at the height of summer for Christmas)
40 bottles of Ritchie's Simply Pale Ale with E.Kent Goldings to finish (I'm impressed by the flavour of this one)
40 bottles of Coopers English Bitter (again, a very reasonable pint)
40 bottles of the fantastic Youngs American IPA
10 sundry leftovers beers from previous brews
12 bottles of homemade cider (FAR too much effort processing all those apples from my tree for the end product)
5 bottles of shop beer

Still conditioning:
40 bottles of Wilko Hoppy Copper Export (brewed short with additional Chinook and Cascade hops), cheap and very drinkable (the hops make it)
40 bottles of Coopers European lager, just bottled, should be ready for Summer

Plus:
20 bottles cheap The Range Rose wine (my first foray into wine-making and only because I had the idea of wine-making too late to pick enough blackberries or elderberries)
1 bottle blackberry vodka
1 bottle apple, pear and basil vodka (a MUCH better use for my apples and the home-grown Basil gives it a really spicy kick)

So Christmas is covered.

When I restarted homebrew again this last year after a LONG gap, I thought 100 empty 500ml bottles would be sufficient. Then I decided I'd prefer a choice of beer to drink, and would like to wait for it to come good (2-3 months plus in bottle, except for IPAs) before drinking. Hence the large stocks now. With another 70 empties still available (amazing how quickly you can collect empty bottles)

And I haven't even re-started all-grain brewing like I used to to do, because the kits these days have improved so much over what used to be available, and of course are so easy

Latest posts

Back