Hurray! It's another Stuck Fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maevans

Reaction score
Ha, well I'm sure you haven't any of these questions before! Nothing like brewing to make you fret, just at the point you start to fancy yourself as a bit of a pro.

Anyway, first Extract beer went into the FV a week ago and has got down to 1.024 from 1.040 in only a few days. I'm now a week and a day in and it's still at 1.024.

Am I right to assume I have a stuck fermentation and start with the actions for that (i.e. - just giving it a stir to rty and get it going again?). Or should I leave it more time to see?

Extra info - S-04 yeast, and temps have been pretty constant at 19-20oC.

Thanks!

Give it a gentle stir, then give it a little more time.

So, I gave it a stir 24 hours ago and I have the same reading as then, and it's looking pretty lifeless.

Give it another stir and more time, or try pitching some more (rehydrated) yeast in there?

Thanks all for the advice.

From a little taste test it isn't tasting too cloyingly sweet. Its the brewuk summer ale recipe with 2KG DME in there - not sure how much that would effect matters.

So I repitched on Friday and there is no change today, 48 hours later. Is it time to admit defeat and bottle as is?

Latest posts

Back