I wrote to ebay ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
... suggesting that they include a section on each selling page allowing viewers of the item post a link to where the item is available at a cheaper price (to encourage more competition and stop rip-off merchants).

Their reply is suitably bland and non-committal:
Thank you for taking the time to send us your ideas and proposals about a section at the bottom of each item page which allowed people to post a link to where the same item can be bought at a cheaper price.
Tony, we are always pleased to hear from members of the eBay community and welcome their comments regarding our services. As I realise the importance of your suggestions, I have now forwarded a copy of your email to the relevant department for this current process be reviewed. They will assess this collectively with related suggestions from the eBay community and see to it that selling and buying items on the site is continuously intended to promote positive member experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know what you want and need from our services. I wish you continued enjoyment and success on eBay in the future.

Seems like a good idea, suppose it would have to be granted approval from the US office first, but could be easily included :thumb:

Great idea I've seen the same pressure barrel they sell in Wilkinsop going for 10 or 20 pounds more on ebay . rip off :twisted:

Brill idea Tony.. :clap:

Ebay is rip-off on lots of things...can't see them giving it the "go ahead" as folks will stop selling when they can't rip-off the buyers..

Nice idea but at the end of the day ebay is an auction and it is in their inyerest for an item to be sold for as much as possible because of their commision. But perhaps in time they will be forced to do something I their reputation sufferss, but is probably unlikely as they don't have any major competition.

Cheers

AG

Latest posts

Back