I'm just not happy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can throughly enjoy the state of depression, both the cold darkness and the great sorrow of the soul now, but to achieve such I did have to go to great efforts to experience deep depression. It was really difficult to acheive, I was always a seeker after truth but people used to go on and on about depression so tried to recreate such a state in my in my youth and while at it undertake a gnosis approach to acheive a state of gnosis, self knowledge and enlightenment.

I broke all ties with friends, family anything that I enjoyed, having to turn down relationships until I had completed my quest as such. Ensure that no light came into the house I was staying in and mediatate on darkness and sorrow. Took a full two years to get to that place I couldn't get any deeper. The soles of my feet were being dissolved by the masses of butyric acid (luckly only people at work would suffer the stench from them...lol and me) in turn the organic compounds in my shoes, like cotton and leather were being eaten away by this acid produced by my feet.

Well gnosis was acheived, fears faced, feelings could be recreated on demand, everything within myself re-evaluated and given current weight of importance. We all have an internal values that we give to experiences, objects, people, ideas and that which whatever society has imprinted upon you. Once you beleive anything you auto assign a value to it, real or imagined doesn't matter and it controls your thoughts, feelings and reactions to events and people etc albeit subconsiously.

I just take control away from a random set of both biological and psychological wants/needs and replaced them with appropiate values, things just don't happen - we make them happen or put ourselves in a situation based on the sum of those values.

Hence I like making alcohol
icon_rofl.gif

You have just spouted a 3 paragraphs something that you have read on FaceCom.Google and copied and pasted. You total idiot....Your so depressed that you turn to alcohol, but post on a website, that activally promotes drinking alcohol (resposibly)

You have just spouted a 3 paragraphs something that you have read on FaceCom.Google and copied and pasted. You total idiot....Your so depressed that you turn to alcohol, but post on a website, that activally promotes drinking alcohol (resposibly)

No copy and paste, that's how I wrote this, I'm educated. I'm not depressed, I like depression big difference! I'm not permenately in a state of depression only when I need to be. I like drinking, but not to excess and not that often - couple of times a week and not to drown sorrows like others, I like the altered state not to push things aside within or escape from life.

I can throughly enjoy the state of depression, both the cold darkness and the great sorrow of the soul now, but to achieve such I did have to go to great efforts to experience deep depression. It was really difficult to acheive, I was always a seeker after truth but people used to go on and on about depression so tried to recreate such a state in my in my youth and while at it undertake a gnosis approach to acheive a state of gnosis, self knowledge and enlightenment.

I broke all ties with friends, family anything that I enjoyed, having to turn down relationships until I had completed my quest as such. Ensure that no light came into the house I was staying in and mediatate on darkness and sorrow. Took a full two years to get to that place I couldn't get any deeper. The soles of my feet were being dissolved by the masses of butyric acid (luckly only people at work would suffer the stench from them...lol and me) in turn the organic compounds in my shoes, like cotton and leather were being eaten away by this acid produced by my feet.

Well gnosis was acheived, fears faced, feelings could be recreated on demand, everything within myself re-evaluated and given current weight of importance. We all have an internal values that we give to experiences, objects, people, ideas and that which whatever society has imprinted upon you. Once you beleive anything you auto assign a value to it, real or imagined doesn't matter and it controls your thoughts, feelings and reactions to events and people etc albeit subconsiously.

I just take control away from a random set of both biological and psychological wants/needs and replaced them with appropiate values, things just don't happen - we make them happen or put ourselves in a situation based on the sum of those values.

icon_rofl.gif

I thought the religious chap earlier in the thread had written the stupidest thing I'd read for ages; you've trumped him with both the stupidest AND most pretentious thing I've read for ages.

I thought the religious chap earlier in the thread had written the stupidest thing I'd read for ages; you've trumped him with both the stupidest AND most pretentious thing I've read for ages.

Truth is stranger than fiction, I have put experiement it in the simpliest of terms, I could write it poetically or in quasi religious terms but that would just confuse it for some. Beleive or not your choice that's my experience of it, wasn't practical it spend a couple of years in the himalyas at the time so had to create an enviroment so promote conditions. I was following guidance others who had gone through previously albeit in previous centuaries it good enough to get me through.

Dont know where to start with this thread, without me getting banned again...
We are all depressed...life is not a walk in the park, sniffing roses and dancing with fairies. We all have our own troubles, but Hey, suck it up princess and crack on with tomorrow.

I think the problem now is people who feel down and visit the doctor are described as depressed and the doctor gives them antidepressants and sends them on their way in actual fact they are a million miles away from those who are actually depressed.

@johnnyboy1965 - I have removed the first part of your post above from the original and the quote in Tau's post above, you asked if you could come back after being banned and said you would stick to the rules you are on a very short rope!

Dont know where to start with this thread, without me getting banned again...
We are all depressed...life is not a walk in the park, sniffing roses and dancing with fairies. We all have our own troubles, but Hey, suck it up princess and crack on with tomorrow.

I remember a friends ex wife said similar stuff to me some years ago.
Ironically a couple of years later she became a manic depressive, wrecked her marriage and her four young children's childhoods.

I'm not depressed, I like depression big difference! I'm not permenately in a state of depression only when I need to be.

This makes no sense at all. If you think depression and feeling depressed are somehow totally different, then you're making up your own definitions. The foot acid thing also sounds ridiculous. It makes a bit of a mockery of people who have suffered genuine illness. If you are making efforts to intentionally immiserate yourself in order to achieve some sort of personal goal you are not experiencing depression.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention that as it is a more spiritual approach to life which is slowly helping me and my partner and Gnosis is the latest part of it, but Gnostic principles and meditation are about self enlightenment, learning and bettering yourself and not entering into a state of depression?

A cognitive mind coach https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=...veyou.co.uk/&usg=AOvVaw1M0CKdzUf3fEQC4CQ8ohX6 I have been seeing has said a similar thing but again I don't get your Gnostic tag?

icon_rofl.gif

Wrongly alcohol has been my crutch for many things over a fair period now, strange thing to say on a brewing forum I know, but I am off all other medication and cutting back so things are going in the right direction.

I still don't get how you think you can imagine depression and conquer it, it is something that sneaks up on you and even my one true passion riding or racing bikes or fun things like taking our caravan away somewhere new to chill out just have zero interest to me, we haven't used our caravan twice in four years and at times I can't be bothered to get out of a chair, let along get out on the bike for some fun, that's one element of depression for me, for others is could be far more extreme?

I agree to a certain extent that we are all in charge of our own destinies to a certain extent and need to look for the positives, remind ourselves daily about them and feel grateful for what we have in life, pressurising ourselves to better our or the families lives can ironically be the thing that in the end gets you down, as Steve says, Love Life, Love You, be the best version of yourself you can be and I say be Grateful.

I think the problem now is people who feel down and visit the doctor are described as depressed and the doctor gives them antidepressants and sends them on their way in actual fact they are a million miles away from those who are actually depressed.

This is correct. There's a universe of difference between clinical depression and being a little p***ed off with life in general and claiming it to be the real thing. I've never been afflicted but seen it and had to live with it first-hand. Horrendous. See the youtube link above - nails it.

This makes no sense at all. If you think depression and feeling depressed are somehow totally different, then you're making up your own definitions. The foot acid thing also sounds ridiculous. It makes a bit of a mockery of people who have suffered genuine illness. If you are making efforts to intentionally immiserate yourself in order to achieve some sort of personal goal you are not experiencing depression.

But during the experience it was the same as other people, difference was only that I knew at some point I would come out the other end, still had all the other things that depressed people go through, just that while there I was putting in subconscious controls, imagery and feeling to later to control and manipulate my subconscious.

The foot thing - doctor (did visit about feet) said you've a high amount of butyric acid in your foot sweat (not a sweaty person and did wash feet twice a day), which is a by product of a neurochemical called gamma amino butyric acid which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, I associated such with the depressed state, maybe I needed new shoes.

Funny you should mention that as it is a more spiritual approach to life which is slowly helping me and my partner and Gnosis is the latest part of it, but Gnostic principles and meditation are about self enlightenment, learning and bettering yourself and not entering into a state of depression?

A cognitive mind coach https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=...veyou.co.uk/&usg=AOvVaw1M0CKdzUf3fEQC4CQ8ohX6 I have been seeing has said a similar thing but again I don't get your Gnostic tag?

Wrongly alcohol has been my crutch for many things over a fair period now, strange thing to say on a brewing forum I know, but I am off all other medication and cutting back so things are going in the right direction.

I still don't get how you think you can imagine depression and conquer it, it is something that sneaks up on you and even my one true passion riding or racing bikes or fun things like taking our caravan away somewhere new to chill out just have zero interest to me, we haven't used our caravan twice in four years and at times I can't be bothered to get out of a chair, let along get out on the bike for some fun, that's one element of depression for me, for others is could be far more extreme?

I agree to a certain extent that we are all in charge of our own destinies to a certain extent and need to look for the positives, remind ourselves daily about them and feel grateful for what we have in life, pressurising ourselves to better our or the families lives can ironically be the thing that in the end gets you down, as Steve says, Love Life, Love You, be the best version of yourself you can be and I say be Grateful.

I've left out lot's, but the depression had to be acheived to reach a part of consciousness bordering between life and death, higher cognitive function had to be surpressed, hence the depression was only way to do it. I suppose it's very similar to what mystics call the dark night of the soul, which I got some inspiration from to begin it. Most, if not all would have let it happen naturally I was impatient and thought I should do it now and push it to extreme (30 years ago) and will not have to do it when older, I'm glad I did it but would have also liked those years back lol.

One thing I have to say is you do appreciate life far more. People search for happiness, I believe that is a mistake, happiness is transitory and flitering in the wind, honestly name a perminately happy person. Happy people are unproductive at work, they my enjoy themselves through life but they will not contribute anything to the world (worthwhile other than light entertainment for the miserable masses).

But during the experience it was the same as other people, difference was only that I knew at some point I would come out the other end

Bingo. You chose and made whatever you experienced. Maybe you found it useful, whatever it was, but i don't think you're talking about depression.

So you're saying evolution is faulty despite the utterly incredible things you claim it invents out of nothing.

Evolution is farce proven by the simple chicken and egg question.

Even Darwin didnt believe his own THEORY

So you're saying evolution is faulty despite the utterly incredible things you claim it invents out of nothing.

Evolution is farce proven by the simple chicken and egg question.

Even Darwin didnt believe his own THEORY

Even if there are flaws to the theory (and I don't think you understand what scientific theory means) it's a lot more likely than the religious twaddle you're pushing.

Gravity is a farce also. Load of baloney.

I mean, it's only a THEORY. Doesn't exist.

FACT.

If my hydrometer says the original gravity is 1048, then it's 1048!! The other, unimportant gravity is just a depression in the space-time continuum, or summat like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back