I'm on a roll...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wort is all ok. Only down to 28C-i thought it would've cooled completely overnight. It looks like i'm going to have to leave this till tomorrow to boil it up. Hope it's ok left for another day...

Don't let me down beer gods :pray:
I've just boiled a pint of the wort for ten mins and stuck it in the freezer to cool down. I'm going to add it to one of my London III cultures and get it started of. In the hope that i can get the boil done first thing in the morning.

Here's the hop schedule
10g Styrians FWH
80G Styrians 60 min
30g Styrians 15 min
30g Styrians steep for 20 mins at 80C.

It's Styrian-tastic :lol:

Right then. I'm off to finish my 3 day brew :roll:
Fingers crossed that the beer gods have been kind to me. :pray:

Will report back when i've finished...

First batch has been boiled and chilled down and is now relaxing in an FV in my Fermenting chamber. All went as normal really. Except i got a huge head of foam just before the hot break subsided. So quite lucky that the boiler was only filled to 20L mark.
Just poured myself a beer and i'm off to boil the second batch.

All done and dusted. Got 36L into my Fv. Which i'm quite pleased about. It's a lovely colour too. :party:
Incidently, the pellets i used were half NZ Styrians(this years NZHops crop) and half SLO Styrians from 06 from Ross at Craftbrewer. The CB ones were a lovely bright green with an excellent, powerfull aroma. The NZHops ones were virtually brown in comparison and with little aroma. Both were kept in the same manner in the same freezer. Ross's hops are superb. I can't recommend Ross at CB enough really. If you haven't used his hops then you should give him a try. But leave it a few days till i've ordered my new stock. ;)

Getting my yeast culture started a few days ago has made a huge difference to the lag time. By the time i had boiled and chilled the 2nd batch of wort the first was already bubbling away in the FV. That's less than 2 hr's! I'm going to always make up my starter a day or two before from now on. :cool:

Latest posts

Back