Im serious! I want to start!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of beers do you like so we can try to find something to your tastes?

The range of kits now available is quite something. Then it's a case of getting a starter equipment kit from one of the retailers.

Do you have a budget in mind? Might help with recommendations too.

Last edited:
What sort of beers do you like so we can try tofund something to your tastes?

The range of kits now available is quite something. Then it's a case of getting a starter equipment kit from one of the retailers.

Do you have a budget in mind? Might help with recommendations too.
San Miguel and, under 20 as I'm broke

Hi Maddie,

So if you want to start Brewing be it beer, Wine, Lager, Kombucha whetever the first lesson is Sanitation. If you want to try a lager/beer kit that’s how most people start. Wilkos Sell a basic range of stuff if you have one local to you or most of the Homebrew shops sell starter kits but all you need as a minimum is a fermentation bucket some sanitiser and a Plastic Spoon and a Hydrometer. That little lot costs less than £30. Then you need something to store the product in such as Bottles or a pressure Barrel. Homebrew as a hobby can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it.

Hope you enjoy the Hobby like the rest of us on this forum.

Hi Maddie,

So if you want to start Brewing be it beer, Wine, Lager, Kombucha whetever the first lesson is Sanitation. If you want to try a lager/beer kit that’s how most people start. Wilkos Sell a basic range of stuff if you have one local to you or most of the Homebrew shops sell starter kits but all you need as a minimum is a fermentation bucket some sanitiser and a Plastic Spoon and a Hydrometer. That little lot costs less than £30. Then you need something to store the product in such as Bottles or a pressure Barrel. Homebrew as a hobby can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it.

Hope you enjoy the Hobby like the rest of us on this forum.
Thank you 😊 💓

Hi Maddie, welcome to the forum.
Where abouts in the country are you? You may have some brewers near you that will donate excess equipment they have for cheap or free!
Good luck whatever you brew, ask lots of questions and keep us all updated with your progress!

be carefully .... this hobby is very risky. I was drinking 2-3 beers per week before starting brewing just for the challenge or out of boredom. Now, after 5 months I've already done over 500 bottles (0.5L). Finished almost 400 bottles ... in 5 months. ( with family of course )
PS: I don't drink water anymoreacheers.

I would start with 2 cheap fermenters (buckets), 2 kits. Put one to ferment, then after couple of days put the second one to ferment. ( you will drink so fast the first one, and most probably you will not let is mature too long, so the second one will be even better :D )
Good luck!

Hiya everyone, it's come but bit wary if I want to start or not, as it seems pretty hard.

Stuck, but my partner will help me as he's good in beer and brewing making! As, before I never knew what the heck to do!

No worries as we have all been there before hence the forum with loads of repetitive questions from people of all stages of brewing experience.Myself personally started brewing over 30 years ago but to a long break for nearly 25 years and jumped back at it but by then things had advanced significantly and the world of brewing beer had seemed so daunting but on hindsight it had got much easier with access to ingredients,equipment and loads of knowledge at your fingertips whether concealed in a book,video or brewing forums which has brought us all so much closer.
The internet has advanced this hobby so much that you are never more than a click away from help of which on this froum you shall find a lot of people from novice to advanced who are all still learning,experimenting and devoted to helping others whether they no the answer to your question or have to surf the WEB or books to get the answer for you.
Get stuck in as you'll never know until you try and remember just to ask....

Latest posts

Back