I'm worried my WLP400 may have seen better days

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equinox101

Reaction score
I brewed my wheat beer yesterday (was intending to do this on saturday but after a trip out to get some Saaz i decided to hold off till yesterday).
The WLP400 yeast i had has a use by of 11th November (but that should be ok shoudn't it?).
It's been kept refridgerated since i got it, Was probably left out a few days on receipt.

I did my brew and completed it around 4pm yesterday. I think the gravity was 1.043 (notes are at home). but the starting gravity from mash was 1.072 and finished up at 1.000 and then the gravity after the boil was 1.043. So i'm thinking everything was good there.

I had the yeast out of the friday from first thing in the morning and gave it a good shake before i added it to the wort, so it was at the right temp. The wort temp was 22degrees. I think the temp was fairly consistant overnight got up this morning and the tempt was 20.5 degrees.

But i don't seem to have any action at the moment, not a bubble. The list has seen no bloating.

White labs say 5 to 12 hours you should start seeing fermentation.

Am i calling this too early?

Latest posts

Back