Inkbird and tube heater

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't be able to sleep! Tossing and turning in a fever thinking about keeping that Notty yeast at 18.5c...then marvelling at the cold crashing you might just do...because you can...then knocking out some banana bomb wheat beers fettled at a steady 28c!

You won't be able to sleep! Tossing and turning in a fever thinking about keeping that Notty yeast at 18.5c...then marvelling at the cold crashing you might just do...because you can...then knocking out some banana bomb wheat beers fettled at a steady 28c!
Your not wrong Clint, already planning some lagers for summer and my misses asked if i could do a porter she saw something on tv this morning :laugh8:, tomorrow it is four priests Murgy straight from cml

Test run done, should have brewed today life got in the way, so tomorrow
E6C990AB-A8B1-4D5E-948C-4117F90AC787.jpeg

Your not wrong Clint, already planning some lagers for summer and my misses asked if i could do a porter she saw something on tv this morning :laugh8:, tomorrow it is four priests Murgy straight from cml
I started homebrewing thinking I’d never brew a lager. Once I got a fridge setup I did a pilsner/saaz lager smash just because I finally could and it ended up tasting like Stella. About 6 months later I thought I’d try to brew a nice lager instead and was blown away by how good it was. Now I’m well down the rabbit hole brewing at least 3 or 4 a year. I still do the majority of the lager brews in a plastic bucket in the fermentation fridge.

I started homebrewing thinking I’d never brew a lager. Once I got a fridge setup I did a pilsner/saaz lager smash just because I finally could and it ended up tasting like Stella. About 6 months later I thought I’d try to brew a nice lager instead and was blown away by how good it was. Now I’m well down the rabbit hole brewing at least 3 or 4 a year. I still do the majority of the lager brews in a plastic bucket in the fermentation fridge.
I have brewed fake lager, but i can have a proper go now athumb..

I have brewed fake lager, but i can have a proper go now athumb..
I think that good lager is hard to beat. I’m judging the April comp, so you‘ve got plenty of time to turn one around. Just saying….
I really like drinking Cali Common’s and Kölsch, but haven’t had fantastic success brewing them myself yet. I’ll get a chance to see how the other members fare with those come judging time.

I got a Hyco TH01B Tubular Heater 1 Foot 1ft 300mm 45W Heater IP55 With Brackets & Lead from lamppostelectrical for £17.99
item 301046921239

The item photo showed a non-moulded plug that I thought would make it simpler to fit inside the fridge with cable through the drain hole. I messaged to check and the seller opened one to confirm and they sent me that exact one. A photo of the package that just arrived is below:

Hyco Sahara TH01B 1Ft 45W Tubular HeaterHyco Sahara TH01B 1Ft 45W Tubular Heater  Skip to the beginning of the images gallery Hyco Sahara TH01B 1Ft 45W Tubular Heater

Last edited:
I got a Hyco TH01B Tubular Heater 1 Foot 1ft 300mm 45W Heater IP55 With Brackets & Lead from lamppostelectrical for £17.99
item 301046921239

The item photo showed a non-moulded plug that I thought would make it simpler to fit inside the fridge with cable through the drain hole. I messaged to check and the seller opened one to confirm and they sent me that exact one. A photo of the package that just arrived is below:

View attachment 84565

Until last week one of my brew fridges only had a 7w reptile heat mat for heating. It was ok up to 17-18 degrees in winter but I replaced it last week this the same tube heater you just bought. Main reason is I wanted to use the heat mat in a proper gator to get my Begonias started 😉

Latest posts

Back