Inkbird Ipb16 help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodles

Reaction score
Hi a bit of a forum newbie here, long time lurker and as many others have said I've learned a lot from you all and as a result (sometimes) brewed some half decent beers.

I recently bought one of these inkbird pid's of eBay, mainly as it wouldn't need me to wire up a project box up. As it is a US piece of equipment the fella who sold it me had UK adaptors for the main plug into the unit and then another to the heating element.

I did my first brew with it today and noticed that it would not heat past a certain point (heating up to mash temp). It looks like the adaptor to the heating element was the issue, which makes sense I don't imagine it was made to brew beer, probably just a few phone chargers and an electric toothbrush 😁.

So my question really is what would be the best solution may be? I have thought about getting a better quality adapter, but worry about the same issue happening. I wondered if it would be possible to change the plug on my heating element to a USA one, but don't want to do anything rash without some advice.

My heating element is a 3 kw wavey element which I bought from angel home brew, and I brew biab.

Sorry if I'm missing some important info for my question to be answered.

Any help would be great as electrics are obviously not my forte

Back