ispindle Problem.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please post build information once tested.
I've had battery life over ten months with an ispindel sending every half hour.
How much better battery life could you want than that.
Also the petling o ring with ispindel I've never worn a cap out, plus I spund most beers, some to 25psi no problems.

Please post build information once tested.
I've had battery life over ten months with an ispindel sending every half hour.
How much better battery life could you want than that.
Also the petling o ring with ispindel I've never worn a cap out, plus I spund most beers, some to 25psi no problems.
hi
I'm interested in which processor you have installed? is it a diy build?
I am unable to easily obtain the petling container so cannot compare, I was drawn to the rapt pill container by it's availability here but had also read that some users of the petling container had issues. my one concern with the rapt pill housing is it's awkwardness in opening so I am looking to get wireless charging in it for my gravitymon/ispindel build.

I'm just using the D1 mini built with the open source distilling motherboard.
The motherboard I don't think will fit in a pill housing.
I'm not sure if the original ispindel made with a stack of the gyro on one side of a motherboard and charge plus D1 mini would fit.
Any internal dimensions of the pill?

the pill is around 30mm internal diameter and 115mm long, my trial unit was built around single sided pcb and patch board.
I have just received some boards but still need to evaluate them. I still need to see if the balance needs adjusting but suspect it will.

Attachments

• IMG_20240227_110841.jpg
    IMG_20240227_110841.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
This might not be an issue with anyone else but I use a 23L corny as my FV. The keg acts like a faraday cage and therefore the signal, every 900 seconds, doesn't always make it out. If I place it beside the broadband hub, I get the updates nearly every time. I am not massively concerned by this; it is what it is. However, I have noticed that the signal seems more likely to escape the FV (when in a different room from the hub) before and after fermentation. Like somehow the fermentation suppresses the signal even more. Does anyone have any theory as to why this might be?

Maybe the krausen builds up around the outside of the ispindel and blocks the signal?

But I also did see a drop in signal strength when I started fermentation of my latest beer.
1709570487346.png

But thinking about it, after I started fermentation, I also added a heat belt on a timer/smart plug around the fermenter. Maybe the heat belt/smart plug are inhibiting the signal a bit?

Just build a repeater out of a D1 mini, it's only a software and setup procedure. Place it near your corny and should be fine.
Search Martin ger repeater.
You can get D1 mini with external antenna as well if you want.
Your signal issue could also be due to the position/ proximity of the ispindel antenna to the edge of the corny.

Just build a repeater out of a D1 mini, it's only a software and setup procedure. Place it near your corny and should be fine.
Search Martin ger repeater.
You can get D1 mini with external antenna as well if you want.
Your signal issue could also be due to the position/ proximity of the ispindel antenna to the edge of the corny.
I got a WiFi extender off Amazon for about a tenner. Did the job perfectly when I used to ferment in the garage. No skills required

Latest posts

Back