Israel.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worrying is an understatement, I seen the British government ruled in favour to continue arms sales to Israel. Which implicates them in war crime's.

If you look at arms sales to Israel, the UK sold about 53 million pounds worth in 2022, equivalent to 0.02 of the total imports.

I don't think that is something to worry about, they got their hands full in Ukraine and lack any force projection capabilities elsewhere.
More likely Russia will encourage Iran to step up hostility in an effort to split the west and divide our forces. Call me cynical but if the west commits manpower to the middle East then Russia will full on attack Ukraine or anyone else it fancies

Russia is already full on attacking Ukraine and what we see there is likely the best they can muster short of the nuclear option.

I too had fallen for the Russian propaganda ops and saw them as a credible threat because seemingly they, while still authoritarian and dictatorial, had made efforts to deal with corruption and un-F themselves the past 10-15 years.

Well this war showed it was just outwards posturing and psy-ops, Russia is a glorified banana-republic and won't even if they manage to conclude this war in some way somewhat favorable for them, be able to bother anyone for the foreseable future...

Russia is already having to pull old WW2 era tanks out of storage for use in Ukraine because they've depleted their stocks of more upto date tanks, not to mention the loss of most of their best trained and most experienced soldiers and having to rely more and more on drafting conscripts, so that tells us alot about the decrepit state of the Russian forces and equipment. So zero chance of providing any sustained effective military support. And Israel has the kit to pretty much shoot most stand-off offensive weapons out of the sky other than Russia's latest hypersonic missiles and they only have a couple of those and they're way too expensive to use on Israel and not particular useful in that theatre. They don't like the Iranians that much and certainly don't care a jot for the Palestinians so there is nothing in it for Russia.

besides, we've not seen Iran supply anything to Hamas by way military equipment, so not as if Iran is running out of equipment themselves leaving them exposed to Israeli attack. Iran probably has a larger stock of Russian supplied equipment than Russia does itself. If anything it'll be the Russians asking Iran to supply equipment to help them out soon enough.

Up to them, thing is though Iran has repeatedly said it wants to destroy Israel, Israel has never said the same of Iran.
Israel has never said it wants to annihilate Palestine and the Palestinian people. It's doing just that though and does anybody really believe that they'll stop until both Gaza and the West Bank cease to exist?

Russia is already full on attacking Ukraine and what we see there is likely the best they can muster short of the nuclear option.
I too had fallen for the Russian propaganda ops and saw them as a credible threat because seemingly they, while still authoritarian and dictatorial, had made efforts to deal with corruption and un-F themselves the past 10-15 years.
Well this war showed it was just outwards posturing and psy-ops, Russia is a glorified banana-republic and won't even if they manage to conclude this war in some way somewhat favorable for them, be able to bother anyone for the foreseable future...

Well said ETA.

I hope you're right.
I fear weapons of last resort will be used when it comes to last resort.

This is no different to what we used to hear back in the cold war days -

(its a nuclear deterrent and that is what it will always be)

They are developing all their components and so are we, this does not mean that in my opinion they are ready to start a nuclear war tomorrow, if they want to what should we do, we are ready.

Last edited:
I hope he has the sense to know that a nuclear attack starts a chain reaction that can not be halted NATO can not let a nuclear attack go unanswered and if NATO do not h then pretty sure the US will wade in all guns blazing so to speak.
I think even Putin knows that is a fight no one will win.
My point was Putin will use any excuse to draw attention away from his invasion if that means destabilising the middle East I do not think he cares.
I work in the defence sector and as such well aware of what Russia has used and not used the old tanks have been deployed to great effect as stationary guns they have so many and only need 2 crew to fire they fire leave the tank and move on to the next.
Russia still has a few toys in it's arsenal not yet seen. Depleted uranium shells for their tanks for example we know they have vast stock piles and our US friends know how effective this form of weapon is having utilised it themselves allegedly cough .

All I was saying is do not underestimate the lengths and opportunities that Putin will go to or take

Back