JaggersBrewingCo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaggersBrewingCo

Reaction score
A little different video this go around. We found a video file when editing the Revenge of the Dubbel that didn't quite fit with how the video was coming together.

Thinking that it was interesting and others might like to see some of the things that don't make it, We thought we would share it.

Enjoy!

Made an attempt at brewing a Thin Mint Stout. Really wanted to use all raw ingredients to get as close to the taste of the cookie that we all know and love!

Started with changing up my go to stout recipe. Changed up some of the normal operating procedures. Played around with making more tinctures. And got to play being a mad scientist...

Tomorrow morning I and a friend will be Livestreaming a Brew Day!

I brew my Rye Irish Stout once a year on New Years Day in preparation of St Patrick's Day.

Follow along as we brew two batches of the brew, one in which will be split for some fun secondary additions. We also plan on doing a semi crazy experiment during the brew day.

Join in on the comments and live chat. Don't forget to subscribe to the channel and check out the link in the video description for addition information and links!

[

Challenged by my local homebrew club @BayAreaMashtronauts and local craft brewery Bakfish Brewing Co for a homebrewing competition to brew an Italian Pilsner we made an attempt.

This was a fun brew that I was able to learn a ton from, and got to experience some great first time things to start adding in to my skills!

How did we do? Check it out!

*This video was made before the sad unfortunate news that Bakfish was closing down. You will be sorely missed in the local Craft Brew, and local Homebrew communities.

Last edited:
Having done a few Homebrew Competitions at different venues I had to switch things up after my first set up was not perfect.

Taking some lessons learned I evolved the original set up into something that seems to be better so far!

Yeah this is a little bit of a longer one but we are going over quite a few things... Timestamps listed in description, and chapters enabled to help you find the things that interest you!

My 2022 Brewing Competition Results, Six beers (One of which was entered in three categories), What I learned, some notes of the things I need may need to change, and my notes of the judging notes.

Additionally we talk about The Mater Homebrewer Program - What it is.... What it does... And how you can be a part of it...

If you are a member of the MHP I challenge you post your rank in the comments!

My friend Ramon of Venture Homebrew and I had a brew day together and it was awesome. This is part one and both of us can't wait until this thing is ready to be shared.

The recipe that we used is in the description of the video.

Cheers Y'all!

It's that time a year again when to share my annual Saint Patrick's Day brew, Rye Irish Stout in todays video release.

Joined by a friend on brew day and for the taste test I hope you enjoy the video as much as we enjoyed the beer!

Cheers Y'all!

Took some of the 2023 Rye Irish Stout and split batched it into two sperate secondary fermenters.

Added some coffee beans and home charred oak chips that we soaked in whiskey.... Why did we do this? To try and add a little more flair!

Taking the grains from both of the Rye Irish Stout batches we rinsed them again and then the Parti started...

This is the fourth and final brew we where able to squeeze out of that long brew day that was livestreamed for the Rye Irish Stout. One of my friends got to name the brew and I don't think that he could of picked a better one.

Last edited:
This brew day was a little different, we had added some fresh coffee beans to a batch of Rye Irish Stout and decided to see what the coffee would taste like after going thought the beer...

How'd this brew day go? Come check it out!

My local brew club Bay Area Mashtronauts had a fun time with this brew that we came together for.

We brewed the same beer but with different hops, sat down and evaluated what we saw, smelled, and tasted.

Got together with Brent from @CascadesHomebrew for a collaboration brew. These are my two brews from this experiment and experience.

I have a third beer that came out of it as well but we will review it later during the comparison with Brent's brews!

Going down the list of Historic Beer Styles in the BJCP I have been drawn to this style for a long time and decided to make an attempt at brewing one.

Getting ready for some warmer weather I brewed this while it was still cooler, as time has gone on and we start warming up with longer days it's time to talk about this beer as I plan to brew even more of the BJCP Historic Category.

Been able to get some upgrades done for our Homestead Homebrewery

First and foremost thank you to the subscriber that sent me the new fermenter!

With all of these upgrades that we are putting into rotation for brewing the quality should improve and hope that shows up for the scoresheets!

We have family with ties to the Texas Czech immigrants of yester year. After some of the family found out that I homebrew I was told stories of a past brewer in the family.

This brew become important to me, so to honor the friends and family I present to you Family Time, my first attempt and version of a Bohemian Czech Pils.

We have been brewing up a nice little homestead! Over time adding things to help increase output in the garden, reduce waste, or just trying to find another use for something, we sure have come along way!

Finding myself with out a Kettle Sour or Berliner Weisse for when the weather warms up. Decided to try something new...

Enter the Escarpment Lacto Blend 2.0 & Ebbegarden Kveik Blend!

Back at it again with another Escapement yeast brew. This time it is a Mixed Fermentation! And it's been awhile since we played with some bacteria!

Luckily we where able to talk ourselves into a newer blend, once I was offered the opportunity how could I resist ? Escapement had recommended a recipe and source to follow along with a commercial example. I followed(ish) the recipe, and taste test my brew ageist the the commercial example.

Latest posts

Back