Jobs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure will. I have plans to make this brewery a bit different to the rest and include home brewers and the general drinking public in the design and process of deciding if something should go into production.

But do not underestimate the work to setting the thing up. At least what I consider in the right way, while holding down a full time job.

More info to follow [emoji1303]

Starting your own brewery - With a great deal of research and long hours in the evening after work. I'm getting there. I think I have some epic premises, I have most of the funding I need now. Business plan. And the product recipes are coming along nicely. Branding and artwork is underway. Also making applications for permits and licenses. Just need to get the equipment suppliers in board now and start planning the build phase.

to name a few.......

I worked for myself via my own Limited Company for 35 years before retirement so I have to take my hat off to you!

A few tips:

1 Get yourself a lawyer and an accountant that a) You like. and b) You trust. (Why work with someone you can't stand and don't trust now that you are on your own?)

2. Always remember that "Income" does not equal "Profit". By the time you have paid the taxman, the lawyer, the accountant, your suppliers, the bank and everyone else who "owns" you the remaining 1p in the �£ is yours to keep.

3. Any idiot can work for nothing so make sure that you do a Break Even Point and a Cash Flow analysis for EVERY year, to make sure that you are not indulging yourself and playing at being what you set out to be.

4. If SWMBO is not with you 100% don't even start. (Never forget that it is her life as well as yours that is on the line!)

5. Finally, successful or not you still need breaks from your work so take a holiday at least once a year and get well away from your pride and joy.

Best of luck with your venture and I hope to sit and drink a pint in your place when it is up and running.

Oh, as a final "Tip" I will happily pay for my pint because you have to charge everyone, especially relatives and friends.:thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back