Kegerator in kitchen fridge and still use fridge?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sfd

Reaction score
I have had a look online but can’t seem to find anything…

Has anyone integrated a kegerator into their regular fridge, that they use food too?

Would love a kegerator but don’t have space for a dedicated unit

The issue will be the temp needed to be maintained for safe food hygiene, which may be cooler than you want your beer to be, I can't see any in principle against having a keg in your fridge and adding a tap ( being careful where you drill)

This is what I do no holes drilled. (although you could easily just put a shank through the door and have the tap outside. )
1694995843382.png

1694995913535.png

1694995977267.png

minikegs fit anywhere

Last edited:
To answer your question -yes, I do.

In our kitchen we have a integrated fridge that is our main fridge. We have a massive beko fridge freezer in our utility. When my last dedicated kegerator died my wife said I could use the beko. I have 3 kegs/taps and co2 inside. There is still room for the bottom salad/veg trays so that's where our veg lives. The door shelves and top shelve still remain. I keep my yeast packets, the odd cans and food stuff in there. As it's not the main fridge it's nor regularly opened

We have a second fridge in the garage and I sometimes keep a 5l mini keg in there with a party tap. The fridge is still used for food (and bottles/cans of beer).

Back