KFC Apologise

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It could only happen in Cumbria :laugh8:

1592130643704.png

KFC have apologised after refusing to serve a man who tried to use one of their drive-thru branches with his horse and cart.

The incident, which happened in the city of Carlisle, Cumbria, took place on Tuesday evening, June 9.

What happened?
Customer Ian Bell, from Silloth, had been out with his beloved horse, Jon Jon, when he called into the fast-food branch on London Road to get a meal.
After waiting patiently in the queue of other vehicles he was denied service.
Mr Bell, who travels every night from the seaside town of Silloth to Carlisle told the News & Star: “Jon Jon is my world he is an amazing horse and he is as quiet as a lamb. We come to Carlisle every night to help with his training

“We go to McDonald’s and have never had a problem, I just can’t believe the way we were treated.

“When we got to the hatch the cashier just said my manager said I can’t serve you and I had to leave the queue.

“I was humiliated, there are no signs up saying I can’t go through and you’re not able to go into the store"

“I don’t understand what I did wrong.

“When I was in the car park someone came out with something written on some paper, I’m dyslexic and I couldn’t read what it said. They could have put anything on the paper.

“While I was in the car park I asked a woman to read the signs to me.

"From what she told me and from what I can see there is nothing saying I'm not able to go through with Jon Jon and the cart.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/1851...ru-refuses-serve-man-riding-horse/?ref=twtrec

Attachments

• 1592130479245.png
    1592130479245.png
    313.6 KB · Views: 70
It could only happen in Cumbria :laugh8:

View attachment 27635

KFC have apologised after refusing to serve a man who tried to use one of their drive-thru branches with his horse and cart.

The incident, which happened in the city of Carlisle, Cumbria, took place on Tuesday evening, June 9.

What happened?
Customer Ian Bell, from Silloth, had been out with his beloved horse, Jon Jon, when he called into the fast-food branch on London Road to get a meal.
After waiting patiently in the queue of other vehicles he was denied service.
Mr Bell, who travels every night from the seaside town of Silloth to Carlisle told the News & Star: “Jon Jon is my world he is an amazing horse and he is as quiet as a lamb. We come to Carlisle every night to help with his training

“We go to McDonald’s and have never had a problem, I just can’t believe the way we were treated.

“When we got to the hatch the cashier just said my manager said I can’t serve you and I had to leave the queue.

“I was humiliated, there are no signs up saying I can’t go through and you’re not able to go into the store"

“I don’t understand what I did wrong.

“When I was in the car park someone came out with something written on some paper, I’m dyslexic and I couldn’t read what it said. They could have put anything on the paper.

“While I was in the car park I asked a woman to read the signs to me.

"From what she told me and from what I can see there is nothing saying I'm not able to go through with Jon Jon and the cart.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/1851...ru-refuses-serve-man-riding-horse/?ref=twtrec
They both left with a long face then :laugh8:

Someone once told me they thought Colonel Sanders was a stick man with a huge head, and ever since I can never unsee that whenever I see the KFC logo.

you should see the riff raff they serve at the local hackney KFC, but they have no alternative. ate there once and the guy made my zinger burger with one hand whilst on his mobile phone, I had already paid, anyway never ate at any KFC since, will make it myself (with both hands) :beer1:

Chap works with me had a KFC with a bite taken out of the burger...he took it back and they weren't bothered in the slightest...

Latest posts

Back