Label info / infographics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burlyman

Reaction score
Good day fellow brewers,

Can someone please help me with more info on legal requirements and information that is needed on beer labels in the UK.. or a website with infographics that can be used.

I'm including one or two of my labels with the basic info but not sure about the rest.. I would like to take the leap and start entering competitions ( where labels are also judged ) and so on.....

I would appreciate any help or guidance..

Thank you

choco_label_120mmx80mm.png

blonde_label_120mmx80mm.png

You will need allergen information, units of alcohol etc if you’re selling your beers 🍺

or 'best enjoyed shared' if the ABV is quite beefy 🙄 (not a legal requirement but i have seen some that trumpet it)

Didn’t we take back control of our borders?

N.B. This is a topical joke and I do not wish to enter into a political debate over the pros and cons of the “B-word”, not least becasue I don’t know what the flying f£*# I’m on about. I thank you.

For what you are legally obliged to put on a label, the Trading Standards department of your local council is probably a good start, or someone like SIBA.

Not a legal requirement but most of not all of the 'micro' breweries always proudly state where is was made and, perhaps, that the ingredients are locally sourced etc.

Latest posts

Back