lager with Dissarono?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie1710

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has any one ever looked into or done a home brew lager with Dissarono?

I little bit like the Lager with Tequila style drinks but with Dissarono instead?

Wondered what it would be like and if anyone has ever seen/ heard of this being attempted?

no you would need something malty for that. i did a scottish heavy which came out with a strong amaretto taste due to the yeast and caramelization of the wort.

Lagers and light beers suit more subtle flavours ie citrus. :thumb:

I kind of agree, I decided to put a shot in a normal high street lager and it was pretty much just a sweet lager that just tasted of Ameretto, was ok but not something I think would make a decent brew.

Maybe one day I will try it but probably not

There is perhaps the "cocktail" you may be getting confused with.half coke,half larger with a shot of Dissarono in. It called a "dr pepper". Not what i would call a cocktail but does taste of the pop.

the "Dr Pepper" cocktail was the reason why i thought about brewing a lager with Disaronno in it as the missus and I both like it so I wondered if i could tamper with a home brew.

doesnt seem like the effort will be worth the outcome as it would prob be exactly the same as just pouring a bottle of home brew in with the disaronno seperatly like you would with a "Dr Pepper" cocktail

Back