lagering

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simo72

Reaction score
Hi all
I have done a lager kit with a lager yeast s-23 and I fermented in the shed at around 10-12 deg, than brought it in the house for a few days to finish and am now thinking of properly lagering it but to do so will need to put it in 5 ltr bottles to fit in the fridge. My question is can you fully fasten the screw top lids on the bottles or do you still need to let any co2 escape?

simo72 said:
Hi all
I have done a lager kit with a lager yeast s-23 and I fermented in the shed at around 10-12 deg, than brought it in the house for a few days to finish and am now thinking of properly lagering it but to do so will need to put it in 5 ltr bottles to fit in the fridge. My question is can you fully fasten the screw top lids on the bottles or do you still need to let any co2 escape?
lagering is where you keep em in the fv at around 2c for a month before bottling .but i guess it won't hurt bottling em (primed) then cold storage for a month , then stored warm for 2 weeks then back to cold for whatever time .

pittsy said:
simo72 said:
Hi all
lagering is where you keep em in the fv at around 2c for a month before bottling .but i guess it won't hurt bottling em (primed) then cold storage for a month , then stored warm for 2 weeks then back to cold for whatever time .
i thought that but the fv won't fit in fridge so thought putting it in 5ltr bottles un-primed for a few weeks in the fridge and then prming when bottling

i would just bottle as per normal (warm) and then store as best (cold) as you can , lagering help clear your beer and reduces the time needed for conditioning so no real big deal .

Latest posts

Back