Lambing Live

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berk

Reaction score
Anyone else watching this? It's on BBC2 right now.

No baby sheepies yet. I'm finding it interesting though, I watched the preliminary show on Sunday, and loved watching the farm life and Kate's dog being trained to herd the sheep.

t'missus has it on record, she'll be watching it when she gets back from putting The Boy to bed. I'll be on here, or doing sudoku...

I think I'll stick with lambing live from the comfort of my living room for the moment. :D It's something I wouldn't mind getting involved with in the future, but sadly, this time of year is also when my work really starts.

Best of luck with your lambing. :hat:

The only part of lambing i will be involved with will be in a few months.

I won't be watching it, I was brought up in farming, and these programs do dumb down the reality of it a bit too much for me. I find them a bit condescending. Not lambs for me but piglets. It's a great time of the year but bloody hard work.
When I win the lottery I will have a farm full of rare breed pigs out the back of my brewpub.

Good luck with the lambing beermaker.

I think that Kate Humble is very easy on the eye and when she says something like "As usual I'm absolutely filthy" that just makes it worth watching :D

I agree that it dumbs it down somewhat but still interesting, my Chocolate Labrador found the barking sheep dogs very engaging!

The barking sheep dogs were quite interesting, I did have a wonder on Sunday when I saw them, they didn't seem to match any herding breed I (thought I) knew. It was nice finding a little more out about them, and how they differ from our typical herding breeds like the collie.

Cheers everyone, just rounded the last of the bu&&ers up today! Luckily I get out of most of the hard graft as we have a full time farm manager but still get my hands dirty as it were. Done plenty of long nights in lambing pens in the past though on my cousins farm.

Steve, I have similar aspirations! When I make my millions I'd love a farm of my own with rare breed cows. We have a herd of White Parks at work but its not the same as having your own!

I would love to be able to farm my own produce, we buy from local farms where we can but to have my own herds....
Alas i dont have space for enough animals to supply our shop, would need 150 beef cattle and about the same in sheep and pig, christ knows how many cluckers i would need lol

Maybe one day.

Latest posts

Back