Shop work can pay more than care jobs, staff say

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And your evidence to support that claim is what?

I have worked both within and also for Councils and within and for private providers of social care and let me assure that some privately run social care organisations are very amateurish, and some Council services are very well led and focussed on the needs of the people they support

This debate on private vs public sector and which is best is what I call a diversionary argument, encouraged by those in power, to evade the real problem i.e. lack of investment in public services. Without the right infrastructure, any management team, private or public, will struggle to deliver decent services

As a director of a more than one social care organisation I can tell you that staff wages are constrained by what councils can afford to pay, which in itself is a factor of their income from national government which has fallen each year in real terms (ignoring inflation) for more than 10 years. I know lots of very dedicated social care staff and yes they can earn more in a supermarket - I have tremendous respect for them

The real love and dedication that they show to the people they care for is inspirational

If we feel it wrong that these caring, committed and skilled carers (NHS & Social Carers) are undervalued and underpaid we need to do something about it at the next general election
Well said.

Latest posts

Back