lowicz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndeye

Reaction score
Hi all.just brought some Lowick. Do i put 6ml per 500ml bottle for priming. And do I need to boil it 1st?

Doesn't need boiled, no preservatives in it

Which one did you get and what's the sugar content (g per 100ml) ?

This'll dictate how much you put in... 6ml won't be enough

Hi rowdy. Lowick marina. Can't see how much sugar . just seen 84g sugar but don't know if that's per 100 ml or per bottle

Hi mate

Malina is the Raspberry one... nice (yes the 84g is per 100ml of syrup)

So to get 6g of sugar you want to add just over 7ml of syrup

Eg
6[desired g of sugar]÷84[sugar content of syrup per 100ml]% = 7.1428 (ml)

Hi again roddy would you know if 6g of sugar in a 500ml bottle would be enough for a nice bit of fizz.and would I taste the Lowick. Sorry for all the questions as its only the 2nd cider I've done

Yeh 6g should be about right, I do TC's pretty regularly and I like them on the fizzier side too 😃

You'll get a nice hint of Raspberry from the syrup, but what I've done on my last couple of ciders is to tip in a couple of bottles during primary fermentation too, which gives it loads of flavour. Worth a shot next time you're making one if this one turns out well

Hi again roddy would you know if 6g of sugar in a 500ml bottle would be enough for a nice bit of fizz.and would I taste the Lowick. Sorry for all the questions as its only the 2nd cider I've done

Not sure you would taste it I've primed wheat beer with it. The flavour isn't concentrated enough imo. I think it would be more effective as a sweetener once you've deactivated the yeast.

Latest posts

Back