Makelikeaturkey... and gobble!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makelikeaturkey

Reaction score
Needless to say, I like my food!

I started homebrew's about 15 years ago when my kids were babies and we were skint. Now they're teenagers and prices are rocketing everywhere, I thought I'd take it up again.

I vaguely remember doing Woodforde's Wherry years ago, and have had a great success with Mangrove Jack's Juicy Session IPA. I've got a MJ's Bavarian Wheat recently bottled (but I'm a bit worried about it - I did it in the heart of the summer and I'm not sure if that'll affect it?) and I'm toying with doing a stout next. St Peter's Cream Stout. I might post some questions about it later.

I have to say a massive thank you to the Cheers Homebrew shop in Nottingham, the owner of which has been super helpful getting me (re)started!

Afraid I probably won't be helping others for a few years, but if I can I will!

Hi,

A familiar story, returning to brewing and all. Would agree with the statement from Rodcx500z, homebrew is very different from my exploding bottles days of my youth. Drinkable for a start! The kits are generally great and obviously if you move on the world is your pint glass, so to speak
Highly recommend St Peters Cream stout.

Highly recommend you try some of the cheap wilkinsons kits, split them in half between 2 fvs and pimp them up using different yeasts and hop teas.
The number of available yeasts and hops is probably significantly larger than when you stopped brewing. And the wilko kits are a good cheap bland base to play with. If they don't work you are only binning 10l which is not too painful.

Best one I did was a wilko cerveza with cali steam punk yeast and a dry hop of saaz. Came out like nothing I'd tasted before, lemony and peppery and very tasty.
The other 10l I did as standard using the kit yeast as a 'control'.

Also did a lot of playing with their witbeir kits. Mostly successful.

Highly recommend you try some of the cheap wilkinsons kits, split them in half between 2 fvs and pimp them up using different yeasts and hop teas.
The number of available yeasts and hops is probably significantly larger than when you stopped brewing. And the wilko kits are a good cheap bland base to play with. If they don't work you are only binning 10l which is not too painful.
I did a load of wilko kits when i started pimped with hop tea's dme, and all kinds of yeast, most of them were 12 quid a tin happy days

Back