Mangrove jack kviev ipa kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyuptm

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, having recently bought a holiday home near Malaga, I've found a Spanish cookery online store that does an increasing amount would the of HB stuff. Due to no temp control here, I've ordered a couple of the MJ Kviev kits, as the temperature is still 30° or thereabouts!!
Sadly they don't seem to supply the brew enhancer or LME, would the brew suffer if I use ordinary sugar?
Anyone here brewed this kit?
Cheers all, happy Thursday

Hi, having recently bought a holiday home near Malaga, I've found a Spanish cookery online store that does an increasing amount would the of HB stuff. Due to no temp control here, I've ordered a couple of the MJ Kviev kits, as the temperature is still 30° or thereabouts!!
Sadly they don't seem to supply the brew enhancer or LME, would the brew suffer if I use ordinary sugar?
Anyone here brewed this kit?
Cheers all, happy Thursday
What is in the kit then?

It's a single pouch, LME kit with dry hops and Kviev yeast, but suggests extra fermentables of brewing sugar or "beer enhancer", whatever that means!! I've done their kits many times in the UK, and always ordered the enhancer with them, but Cocinista.es don't seem to stock it!!

It's a single pouch, LME kit with dry hops and Kviev yeast, but suggests extra fermentables of brewing sugar or "beer enhancer", whatever that means!! I've done their kits many times in the UK, and always ordered the enhancer with them, but Cocinista.es don't seem to stock it!!
That kind of weird in my option, only thing I could think of is maybe they are saying for you to add some steeping grains for like a partial mash to make something else. It appears that you have more or less a Pale Ale or Blonde ale like type of kit I would guess?

I'm gonna take it that it isn't a 19L kit correct? Depending on what you wanted to do you could probably add some Liquid Malt Extract, another type of LME, so some grains and dress it up nice.

What hops is in there do you know?

Amarillo and Citra, 50g I think. Managed to find LME on Cocinista website. Knocking it up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

I just bottled this at the weekend. I used the MJ 1.2kg beer kit enhancer pouch with it. It's come out at about 4.6%. Samples have made me really excited about drinking it when it's conditioned. Quite bitter with lots of fruity hoppiness from the dry hopping. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

So, two weeks after bottling all bottles have firmed up. Left one in the fridge for the day, and the rest are now in the shed for a while. Tasted the fridge bottle and well..... I'm not as enthusiastic as I was at bottling time. It hasn't cleared yet but the other bottles are clearing (this one was the last from the fv). It's a very 'heavy' ipa. Very big flavours and very bitter. I hope it'll mellow a bit over time. Will post again at the next tasting in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back