Mangrove Jack's juicy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When does your juicy ipa usually finish? Does it go the whole 14 days? Or more? Just checked mine(day 6) SG was 1012 so I added the citra thinking it cant have much more to go on it
Not much more to go now, usually mine stops at around 1.011/10 ish. Always do my brews for at least 14 days, I used to bottle all my brews at 10 days but decided to go another 4 days just to be certain over recent years. You will probably get a bit more airlock action after introducing the hop addition (if you use one), this is normal so in a couple of days it will be ready to cold crash, good luck, be patient and wash your hands.:laugh8:

Not much more to go now, usually mine stops at around 1.011/10 ish. Always do my brews for at least 14 days, I used to bottle all my brews at 10 days but decided to go another 4 days just to be certain over recent years. You will probably get a bit more airlock action after introducing the hop addition (if you use one), this is normal so in a couple of days it will be ready to cold crash, good luck, be patient and wash your hands.:laugh8:
Funny you say that, it was bubbling every 10/20 seconds this morning, after adding the hops it bubbled quiteca lot for an hour or do but now seems to have stopped altogether.....?

Put into a corney tonight, smells not as fruity as I thought but we will see. Ended up at 1004 so an abv of 4.9%.
Got 19lt in the keg plus 4 x 500ml bottles. Gonna let it sit at 30psi for 24 hours then back to 12psi for serving this and the other brew I have on at the moment. Let you guys know what it tastes like in a week..... or maybe less if I get impatient!

Put into a corney tonight, smells not as fruity as I thought but we will see. Ended up at 1004 so an abv of 4.9%.
Got 19lt in the keg plus 4 x 500ml bottles. Gonna let it sit at 30psi for 24 hours then back to 12psi for serving this and the other brew I have on at the moment. Let you guys know what it tastes like in a week..... or maybe less if I get impatient!
be intersted to know how it turns out?
my second one bottled didnt turn out as good as the 1st despite 100g citra dry hops added. this batch is also much more cloudy then the 1st.

Back