Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA Beer Kit + Free Enhancer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting to the stage now after 4/5 years of brewing kits of knowing which I like and which I don't, so consequently, tending to repeat the kits I've liked best. I've done Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefuit twice before, so decided to give it another go - again adding some pink grapefruit juice as i did last time around (review in this thread).

Kit started 2nd March 2024.
Added Dark Rock Pale Ale Beer Kit Enhancer (which includes Pure Brew), and also a litre of Pink Grapefruit juice and then made up to 23L with Tesco Ashbeck mineral water.
Fermented in brew fridge at 20°C.
Kit hops added on 13th March.
Bottled on 15th March, with one sugar stick per 500ml bottle and put into brew fridge at 20°C.
Moved out to shed on 29th March.
First pint - Friday 3rd May.

My God, I'd forgotten just how good this is. It's so smooth with no hint of twang on the nose or in the mouth. A lovely, subtle hint of grapefruit followed by a perfect bitter finish. Amazing that you can now make a beer at home with very little equipment that is this good. If I was served this in a pub, I'd be finding out exactly where it was brewed and drinking it all night. It's not just a 10/10 beer kit, it's a 10/10 beer, irrespective of how it was brewed. Absolutely glorious and I'll be back to do it again in the future.

Attachments

• PinkGrapefruit.jpg
    PinkGrapefruit.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
I have. If you go back in this thread, you'll find my review from the first time I brewed it - and then the second time to which I added the juice. I've always found Elvis Juice a bit too heavy on the grapefruit but the kit, as nice as it was, is very subtle. Adding the litre of grapefruit just ups the grapefruit a touch. Beautiful pint either way!

Gonna do an AG Grapefruit IPA in the not too distant future. Tempted to get one of these kits and do them side by side for a comparison (maybe make a night of it with an Elvis Juice and a Memphis Bvld (from Aldi) for comparison.

Latest posts

Back