Mash re-circulation, how do you terminate your tubing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am putting together a pump for mash re-circulation and wondering about the best way to terminate the return pipe, at the moment it is just hanging over the side of the mash kettle though I shall shortly be drilling and fixing it to the lid.
The question is about the best way to feed the wort back into the kettle? Just pumping in unrestricted should work, I tend to run with a water to grist ratio of 3:1 so I am thinking it is not so thick as to cause channeling?

I have one of these on order:
$_57.jpgbut then do I need to worry about hot side aeration?

I see @Hazelwood Brewery uses a device a little like the one above so I guess you don't have an issue with this?
How do others terminate their wort re-circulation?

I use a rectangular coolbox for my mash tun so run my re-heated wort back into the tun via a rectangular plastic food box which is drilled along two sides. Can be taken apart easily to clean out those pesky bits of grain that get stuck in the holes.

I use a rectangular coolbox for my mash tun so run my re-heated wort back into the tun via a rectangular plastic food box which is drilled along two sides. Can be taken apart easily to clean out those pesky bits of grain that get stuck in the holes.
Wow, that's an impressive contraption.

Latest posts

Back