Mobile dispensing cleaning beer lines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Due to space constraints I dispense my beer from 5L SS kegs.
Previously I used a Nuka Tap directly attached to the keg, along with a CO2 injector to top up when needed, but I was getting too much foam.
So I have now switched to a Pluto gun and 6 foot of thin beer line, which works perfectly and pours a great pint.

But due to the height constraint I also need to remove the beer line attachment when I return the kegs to the fridge.
This means I need to find an easy way to flush the beer line with cleaner/sanitiser after use, as opposed to waiting for the keg to empty.

I know I could set up a keg of cleaning solution, hook the beer line up to this and flush through, but this seems a waste of a relatively expensive keg and ball lock lid.
Do you have any cheaper, easy solutions to flush the line through?
Maybe some kind of syringe, or bottle to squirt through?

Thanks

This is what I use. You just attach to a fizzy drink bottle.

You can use the 5l stainless steel kegs on their sides if you want so you shouldn't have to take off the tap. You just need flexible silicone line as the diptube so it sinks to the bottom of the keg. I have two in my tiny fridge like this. I've found a weight on the end of the tub tube helps, as sometimes it floats due to the carbonation (I've used a stainless steel washer to weight it down).

£5.03 | Kegland Gas Free Ball Lock Line Cleaning Kit - PET Party Pump Combo
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfmYK8

I use this cleaning kit too, works a treat on my Keezer lines. Make sure you get a very sturdy plastic bottle, so far I’ve found coke ones the best. Might just be my threads but I find you have to really tighten to get a seal and thin plastic doesn’t hold up well.

Also, for the price I would get two. One bottle with cleaner the other for water to flush through, saves faffing about switching to flush

Back